CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #21
Rene Forestier

Profile:
Re: tendonitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Chung View Post
Hi Mark (and OP),

What's your diet like? Have you tried cutting out grains and dairy completely for a month? Apparently Robb Wolf has had lots of success with some of his clients who came to him with achilles tendinitis, patellar tendinitis, etc. by just having them cut grains and dairy for a while.

I've only been on Paleo for a week now. I'm well aware that I could be going through a placebo effect, but I do feel that I'm experiencing superior improvement than expected with two injuries (chronic plantar fasciitis and what I think is acute patellar tendinitis).
Try this.

You could also look into a nightshade-free diet (no potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc). Many people have good results decreasing pain from arthritis and/or tendonitis.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
Steven Low

Profile:

Might be a good idea to start eating the cartilage and tendons off your meat too.[/quote]

Can you explain this a bit further. I think I might know what you are talking about but want to make sure. I currently am dealing with Tendinitis/tennis elbow after doing some cleans. Thank you in advance[/quote]
Animal tendons have the same components as human tendons... so eating and digesting them theoretically will help improve your own if your body incorporates them into your body.

Same thing with glucosamine anc condroitin sulfate... from the studies there's no real benefit, but there are some people who have had good results with them.. so if it works for you it may be a good thing to consider.

Eating the cartilage is free anyway so why not try and see if it helps some.

Fix your technique.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
Kevin Trangone

Profile:

I don't mean to take the topic but I been experiencing some pain in my elbows since the 3/5/7 pullup workout on Tuesday.

From the workout:

I tried to use a pronated grip the entire time, but I ended up using a narrower supinated grip for the weighted pullups towards the end.

As for the pain:

I feel it mostly when I try to straighten my arm out...I feel pain on the front side (bicep side) of my elbow. My bicep isn't strained to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't feel "tight" when I extend my arm.

Any ideas?