CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 08-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
Gabriel desGarennes

Profile:
Re: Bodybuilder scarred from steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank M Needham View Post
Yet another argument to stick with squats and milk!

oh yeah, almost forgot, ewwwww!
Dude, i am about done drinking the gallon of whole milk a day. Ive seen gains, but i have nasty farts, and have more chub than i'd like to see. and that is at like 2/3 of a gallon of milk. But, i am a bit old for SS, he does warn us that it can get adults a little chubby
Old 08-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
Aaron C Bennett

Profile:

Try drinking 2%, Low Fat-1%, or Skim (tweak until you find the one that works best for you). You can up the whey protein by adding a scoop of dry milk.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #13
Miles Key

Profile:

the uneven abdominals may also be a side effect of the use of human growth hormone, which causes growth of the guts-yes really-along with elongation of the hands, feet, jawbone. It's not a good look
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
Ryan Whipple

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron C Bennett View Post
Try drinking 2%, Low Fat-1%, or Skim (tweak until you find the one that works best for you). You can up the whey protein by adding a scoop of dry milk.
I disagree Aaron. Lower fat milk skews the C-P-F ratio towards carbs considerably. If you can't handle a gallon of whole milk, less whole milk is better, IMO, than more of a lower-fat version.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Whipple View Post
I disagree Aaron. Lower fat milk skews the C-P-F ratio towards carbs considerably. If you can't handle a gallon of whole milk, less whole milk is better, IMO, than more of a lower-fat version.
Agreed. Eating fat doesn't make you fat.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #16
Andrew Dossman

Profile:

That seriously makes my skin crawl. I mean i used to have terrible acne so i feel for people that have it bad...but this guy kinda did it to himself so ya...still sucks tho
Old 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
patrick j fleming jr

Profile:

That dude may have been using synthyrol, in addition to the juice. I don't believe the report it sound I think it is a scare tactic. I do not condone steriod use. Just seems like a boogy man story.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Mike Neill

Profile:

Testosterone converts to DHT, which fuels acne. If you take a little testosterone it converts to a little DHT. If you take a ton, it converts likewise. In using steroids, a little goes a long way. Many steroid users falsely think that if a little is good, more will be better. Crazy doses of, say, 3,000mg a week are not 6 times better than 500mg a week.

Dirty skin fuels acne. Steroid users need to shower well and often.

A crummy diet fuels acne. Steroid users should be just as careful as anyone with their diet, although steroids do allow you to be nutritionally careless if you choose it.

Only someone who is mentally ill or has a personality disorder would allow himself to progress to such an advanced disease state. Steroids didn't cause that. Crazy people get guns too, and hurt more people than just themselves with them. That doesn't amount to a reason to condemn guns. Crazy and/or stupid people doing stupid things is part of the way the world works. Sometimes they get drugs and hurt themselves.

Based on pharmaceutical industry statistics (yes, there are legitimate Rxs for steroids - many are for men in their 60s and 70s on HRT or hormone replacement therapy) plus various drug enforcement agency estimates, there are millions of doses of steroids being consumed by tens of thousands of users. The popular press treats steroids like plutonium. If you're in the same room with steroids you're automatically going to die a horrible death. Where are all the bodies? Don't extrapolate from this one schmuck's experience to say this "proves" how bad steroids are for you. There was a study in the 60's that "proved' squats are bad for the knees. It's not an "if A, then B" situation. There is as large a range of variables with steroid response as with any drug.

Last edited by Mike Neill : 01-08-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
Gabriel desGarennes

Profile:

Mike are you making a case for the use of illegal performance enhancers? Or saying not everyone that uses steroids is doing so illegally?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Paul Sousa

Profile:

Not sure if the symmetrical abs thing is a joke or not, but I have completely asymetrical abs and have never used steroids. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with it.