CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-21-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
MiR Weighted Vest Sale - Get a 2nd empty vest for cheap with an order.

MiR is currently doing a sale where if you buy a vest, you can get a second vest without any additional weights, for cheap (about half off the standard price for an empty one). I still have the discount I've been offering since March 2008, and now, I can even save you a little more on the second vest. The second vest itself is pretty cheap, so the additional savings won't be much, but I'll do what I can.

So, as an example, you could buy a 60lb Short Vest (max capacity 60lbs, with 60lbs of weight), and then get a Women's Vest (max capacity 30lbs, with 0lbs of weight) in addition to that. That's enough for a husband/wife team to work out together, splitting the weight between the two however they want. It also leaves you with the option of having a vest all the way up to 60lbs, if you're doing something like heavy-*** muscle-ups or you want to add some weight to yourself while doing sled drags.

This deal is valid for the Compact Short, Short, Pro, Women's, and Slim vests. It is also valid the Short+ and Pro+ vests, and the weighted Belts and Shorts; however, I would recommend simply getting one of the other vests.

This deal is not applicable to the 40lb Plate-Loaded Vest, Ankle Weights, or Wrist Weights.

Here's some detailed info on the Short, Pro, Short+, and Pro+ vests. I've not yet personally tried the other vests, so I cannot give you specifics on comfort, fit, etc. but I can give you some general info. MiR is a good brand, and I think you'll be happy with the price and the quality.
http://patrickhdonnelly.blogspot.com...st-review.html

If you're interested, send me an email. It may take me a while to get back to you, since I've been busy with work and preparing for college; if I don't reply in 36 hours, send me another mail.

Take care,
Patrick D.
patrickhdonnelly@hotmail.com

Note: All links WFS.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Bryan Ragon

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: MiR Weighted Vest Sale - Get a 2nd empty vest for cheap with an order.

I ordered a 50lb short vest from Patrick earlier this year. It really is a great vest, easily adjustable and well constructed.

If I had to pick one criticism, it's that the shoulder straps are a little wide for some of the overhead work we do. Think pull-ups, and kettlebell swings. I prefer to workout in tanks or muscle shirts, so the shoulder straps will rub against my arms during a workout. If it's high-rep this can lead to a little bit of "rope burn." Narrower straps would keep this from happening, but I'm sure it would also sacrifice a little comfort, especially as the weight in the vest is increased.

Wearing a shirt with sleeves obviously solves this problem. To be sure, I don't think the vest interferes with range of motion.

That being said, I would still recommend this vest to anyone looking for a quality vest.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Re: MiR Weighted Vest Sale - Get a 2nd empty vest for cheap with an order.

Thanks, Bryan. I'm glad you're liking it.