CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #11
Christin Street

Profile:
Re: A Soccer Mom's Log

Took it outside today. Just couldn't bring myself to go to the globogym and fight for the pull-up bar. Went to the school track/playground where there's a pull-up bar.

5 Rounds of 400m Run and 10 jumping pull-ups. 23:10

I'm tired today. Looking forward to a REST DAY (if I can stand it!) tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
Alix Clark

Profile:

Hi Christin - i know what you mean about taking a rest day - I don't want to miss out on anything!! I'm working on pull ups too - just got a bar at home so I can pop one (or more hopefully) out whenever I walk past. Cool!
a
Old 04-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #13
Christin Street

Profile:

Hey Alix, I have a bar at home too. It's been up for over a year but I've only recently started using it. It's my BFF now! Really am working on the pull-ups.

I swear it must be a technique mistake because I'm pretty strong! It baffles my workout friends. When I pull-up from dead-hang overhand grip, I get up about 2/3 of the way and get stuck which causes me to pull my legs straight out in front of me (like a L-Pullup which is much harder). Then I kick it up the rest of the way. I can do underhands, of course, much better. Can't wait to learn the kip.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #14
Christin Street

Profile:

REST DAY
Good thing it's raining out because I'm dying to run and go work on dips today. I've been going hard for 7 days in a row so I'm trying to resist the urge! It's just that I have so much to work on. Tomorrow is another day and I can't wait for it ...bring it on! Bodyfat test tomorrow too. Baked cookies with the kids today (the bad kind) which won't help my % go down any!!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Hey Alix, I have a bar at home too. It's been up for over a year but I've only recently started using it. It's my BFF now! Really am working on the pull-ups.

I swear it must be a technique mistake because I'm pretty strong! It baffles my workout friends. When I pull-up from dead-hang overhand grip, I get up about 2/3 of the way and get stuck which causes me to pull my legs straight out in front of me (like a L-Pullup which is much harder). Then I kick it up the rest of the way. I can do underhands, of course, much better. Can't wait to learn the kip.
I got two good pull-up tips from someone on the boards that helped a lot. One, look up above the bar as you pull - look where you want to go. Two, think about driving the elbows straight down to the ground. Both of those tips seems to help my technique.

I have good PU days and days when I can barely string 'em together. I'm sure it will come together really quickly for you - you are strong AND exceptionally determined.

Happy rest day and happy cookies!
Melissa
Old 04-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #16
Colleen Quigley

Profile:

Quote:
REST DAY
Good thing it's raining out because I'm dying to run and go work on dips today. I've been going hard for 7 days in a row so I'm trying to resist the urge! It's just that I have so much to work on. Tomorrow is another day and I can't wait for it ...bring it on! Bodyfat test tomorrow too. Baked cookies with the kids today (the bad kind) which won't help my % go down any!!
Mmmmm, cookies. Don't go there please!

It is hard sometimes to stop. Rest day today but everytime I went downstairs I did a few dips on the rings. Good luck w your body fat test!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #17
Christin Street

Profile:

Definitely won't be eating anymore cookies for awhile! UGH! Had my BF test today. Didn't go so well but then I knew it would be higher than it was a year ago.

Up until I started Crossfit about 6 weeks ago, I had reached a state of complete boredom with my training. I could barely drag myself to my gym or outside to run. Bored with it all, I found Crossfit and the rest is history.

So I wanted to establish a baseline to see what happens over the next three months. Here are my BF results.
April 2008
Height= 5'9"
Bodyweight=143
Lean Mass=120.9
Wt of BF=22.1
%BF=15.4%

April 2007
Height =5'9"
Bodyweight=141
Lean Mass=122.9
Wt of BF=18.1
%BF=12.9%

Translation: In a year I've lost 2 lbs of precious muscle, and gained 4 lbs of fat! OMG! I'm freaked out.

Notes to Self: Up the protien intake, lower the wine and cookie intake. Up the cardio and lift heavier. Don't completely freak out because you're in the 95% percentile. What do you want?! (Me answering back: But...but...4 lbs of fat?)

Moving on....
WOD= Fran -Jumping PUs/65#Thrusters 9:30
Core Work
Spinning 1 hour
Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #18
Christin Street

Profile:

5K in 23:10
lots of stretching today.
more later...busy day!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:06 AM   #19
Colleen Quigley

Profile:

Quote:
5K in 23:10
lots of stretching today.
more later...busy day!
Nice 5K time - looking good Soccer Mom. How many kids?

Wine and cookies...my two biggest weaknesses. Thanks! A little proud of myself for jumping on the 24", especially from a seated position. Couldn't do that last summer.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #20
Christin Street

Profile:

Two, boy and girl...little soccer/swim jocks. I misunderstood the term "soccer mom" about 5 years ago when I started coaching my kids rec soccer teams. The other "soccer moms" stuck to baking brownies, making team banners and planning team parties. That's all good stuff, mind you, but not my cup of tea. I'm a hands-on person and wanted to learn more about the game, so I joined a women's soccer league. Played for one season and almost died! There weren't enough subs!

Colleen, I see you play yourself. What a great sport!