CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

Profile:

USAW National Champtionships

Sage Burgener (63kg) went 5/6 - snatched 68 and clean & jerked 87 for a personal record CJ and a record total. Quite possibly her best meet to date.

Natalie Woolfolk (63kg) was having some trouble with her snatches and made only her 95 opener, which gave her the gold in the snatch. Carissa Gump clean & jerked 120 (and got away with a pressout) to match her own Am record, and missed her new Am record attempt at 121. She tied with Natalie in total, but won gold on bodyweight. Personally I think her 120 should have been turned down (she was given 2 whites), which would have placed her in second.

In the 69s, we had to pull Aimee Anaya out due to injury, so she was unable to defend her national champion title. Doreen Fullhart, back from hip surgery and lifting light (normally a 75) and Cara Heads (also normally a 75) battled it out. Cara made all three CJs perfectly, finishing with 114 for the total win.

Lifting tomorrow will include the heaviest weight classes - live broadcast here (wfs):
http://www.niftytv.com/landing/USWL/

Just enter a fake name/email if you want and a player will pop up.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Júlíus Magnússon

Profile:

Re: USAW National Champtionships

Holy crap, those are some scary numbers for 63kg girls.

Great job, Sage and I'm sorry Aimee had to be pulled out.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Eddie Clark

Profile:

Link to National Weightlifting Championships results spreadsheet. (W/F S)
Old 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:

More updates:

Veronica Carpenter - possibly the only masters lifter at the event - went 3-for-6. To qualify for the Senior Nationals is a tremendous feat at any age. To do so as a Master is simply over the top. She opened with 51kg in the snatch and hit it on her third and final attempt. In the clean & jerk she broke the existing US Masters record in her class on her second attempt with a 65kg clean & jerk. She also broke the Masters record in the total. Veronica now holds 5 National Masters record in 2 different age groups.

More lifters from Mike's Gym:
Colin Ito, now out of NMU, lifted in the super heavies. Colin went 3-for-6, finishing with a 151kg snatch and a 187kg clean & jerk.
Max Mormont snatched 140kg and jerked 184.

Alumni from Mike's Gym:
Don Shankle, now lifting for Wichita Falls Weightlifting, won gold in the 105kg class with a 158kg snatch and a 188kg clean & jerk. Don missed jerk attempts with 195 and 201 kilos.
David "Chip" Kent also lifted in the 105kg class. Chip went 4-for-6 with a terrific 125kg snatch (Chip was stuck at 110 for the LONGEST time!) Good work Chip!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
Monique T. Ames

Profile:

We had several of our kids lifting there also and made PRs.
Jessica Gallagher 58 class Total 143
Robin Feuerman 63 class Total 146
Josh Barnett 56 class Total 189
Their Head Coach is USAW Regional Coach Danny Camargo and they all train here at CrossFit Evolution. We are very proud of them. Hard workers and serious athletes, all of them.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Brigham View Post
More updates:

Veronica Carpenter - possibly the only masters lifter at the event - went 3-for-6. To qualify for the Senior Nationals is a tremendous feat at any age. To do so as a Master is simply over the top. She opened with 51kg in the snatch and hit it on her third and final attempt. In the clean & jerk she broke the existing US Masters record in her class on her second attempt with a 65kg clean & jerk. She also broke the Masters record in the total. Veronica now holds 5 National Masters record in 2 different age groups.

More lifters from Mike's Gym:
Colin Ito, now out of NMU, lifted in the super heavies. Colin went 3-for-6, finishing with a 151kg snatch and a 187kg clean & jerk.
Max Mormont snatched 140kg and jerked 184.

Alumni from Mike's Gym:
Don Shankle, now lifting for Wichita Falls Weightlifting, won gold in the 105kg class with a 158kg snatch and a 188kg clean & jerk. Don missed jerk attempts with 195 and 201 kilos.
David "Chip" Kent also lifted in the 105kg class. Chip went 4-for-6 with a terrific 125kg snatch (Chip was stuck at 110 for the LONGEST time!) Good work Chip!
Thanks Lincoln. Actually there were several other Master lifters there. Another 48k lifter was also a Master and broke the snatch and total record in my age group. I plan on taking them away from her. It was a challenge to cut to the 48kilo class after spending the past 5 years cruising in the 53's. Overall, I'm satisfied with my performance there, but plan on making a better one soon. On a side note - I was invited for a video interview for the American Gladiators! I guess I better start doing some metcon!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:10 AM   #7
Tom Brose

Profile:

Great job Veronica! If you can post a video, I'd love to see you in action.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
Mike Burgener

Profile:

donny shankle will be a force to contend with in the future again. he was a tad bit nervous coming into this meet, but once he gets his MARINE attitude back in place he will be hard to beat. collin ito i thought had a great day. even though he had soft elbows on his snatches he looked good for more than 151. his jerks were perfect up to the 190 last attempt when he made an easy clean but did not drive his body thru the path of the bar. it was out front a tad. maximo marimont was a shining light. max for sure looked good for more than the 140....his 145 he got anxious and tried to get under the bar too soon. but he made 3/3 in the cj setting a new pr!!! max did outstanding and i hope he stays in the super heavywt. class as he is another botev waiting to happen. the dude is strong!!!

a great weekend. we need to form a crossfit team. i brought this up before but i think its time to happen.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Burgener View Post
a great weekend. we need to form a crossfit team. i brought this up before but i think its time to happen.

Coach, with Team Sac now just a skeleton crew. I'd be willing to join the Crossfit team. Any chance of you moving up to Northern Cali to coach me?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brose View Post
Great job Veronica! If you can post a video, I'd love to see you in action.

Thanks Tom, I'll post some soon on my myspace page.