CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
Erin Davidson

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

Wednesday 01/16/08: Run or Row 5K (Ran in Vibram Five Fingers)

9:30am, fasted from 3pm yesterday. (broke fast at 12 with amazing buffaloness...)

Prefaced below with "Death By Pullup": sigh, assisted @ 40#. 7 total rounds + 6 .

Back has basically gone up in flames. Need to substitute food money for massage ASAP. Also need to get home soon to get my light band.

17:25 Ran 2 miles and stopped.

My ankles (Achilles?) were killing me...to the point that it didn't quite feel right and really, when I run it doesn't take much to convince me not to. Best I've ever done - back when the only kind of thing I did in a gym WAS run - was 3 miles in 25 minutes. I'd like to get back to that but I'm not sure I want to do it in VFF.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've run with them before and the same thing happened. My ankles don't bug me when I sprint for some odd reason. Maybe I should watch more POSE running vids? Maybe I should get some frees? I'm flat footed. Maybe I should replace my feet?

Yoga tonight...mainly because it makes me feel like a cloud. Maybe I'll try 3 miles again afterward? Ugh. Probably not the best idea.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #22
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
I guess? I mean it's one of the only facilities that has dedicated Parkour training which is nice... but you can just do nearly same things with your surroundings or in a gymnastics gym that has open gyms by yourself. The key, really, is the people and Jesse and Mark are fairly good at teaching.
Good to know. Thx again.

Seems you're pretty diverse as far as training goes (judging by your pic and the parkour knowledge...). What are you up to lately?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #23
Jesse Emers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Yoga tonight...mainly because it makes me feel like a cloud. Maybe I'll try 3 miles again afterward? Ugh. Probably not the best idea.
I've been wanting to join in on this yoga class at my gym for a while but I feel weird cause its filled completely with old ladies...

As for your ankles.... I think its pretty normal. Greg mentions the same type of thing with his calves from running in the five fingers. I think it would just take a little bit for your body to get used to running in those. I think they might make your legs completely beast. I've pretty much decided to get a pair to lift in, just havent bought them yet.

Last edited by Jesse Emers : 01-16-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Good to know. Thx again.

Seems you're pretty diverse as far as training goes (judging by your pic and the parkour knowledge...). What are you up to lately?
Yep. Did gymnastics until I was about 10/11 then did baseball for a year after that and then golf a couple years in HS. Went to college at UMD which has Gymkana an exhibitional gymnastics program so I did that for 4 years in college. I got hooked in with Jesse and crew about 2/3 through college and have been doing Parkour after college as my main activity (since I can't do gymnastics anymore obviously).

So yeah. We'll see where we go from here.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #25
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Thursday, 1/17/08, 7:30pm: "Lynne" (My Way...)

Five rounds for max reps of:

Body weight bench press (started at 65 and went up; no spotter)
Pull-ups (jumped, but to a bar that is much higher than the one I normally use, last portion had to be pulled, chin over bar counts.)

Post reps for both exercises in all rounds.

W/up for bench: 45x5x5

Bench/Pullups:
65x18/13
85x5/9
90x4/11
95x2/10
95x2/9

SL RDL @ 25# (in each hand) 3x6

supersetted with: Rear Delt Flyes @ 10# 3x8

1. Wanted to do Tabata Squats but my ipod's broken and honestly, I go much faster with something to go faster to. Previous PR is 15 and I'm looking to beat that sometime soon.

2. Haven't benched in months (mainly because I prefer pushups). Noticed more than I have before how much the whole body is incorporated into moving the weight (abdominal brace very useful, legs surprisingly so as well).

3. Benching is very, very, scary without a spot. Feel like I could have done a lot more...if I wasn't seeing visions of my face being smashed in mid-lockout.

3. Pullups directly followed Bench. I was pleasantly surprised to see how hard they were...but seriously, I just want my band back. This bar kind of cut up my hands. Breaks between rounds were ~3 minutes.

4. This WOD was done later in the day because I haven't been feeling very well these last few days. Been very busy, and cold, and VERY, VERY hungry all the time...need to reign that in and maybe start sleeping more (more than 7-8 hrs. a night perhaps...). I think my body would like to hibernate.

5. Am going to continue skipping out on caffeine before w/os as really, all it seems to do is get me kind of nervous and cause that strange straining feeling in my neck I sometimes get when I lift heavy.

6. Holy crap, I am so NOT Kelly Moore.

Friday, 1/18/08, Rest Day:

Fasted pullup and knees to elbows practice. Then ate like ___. And then correspondingly, felt like __. Ugh.

One of my clients got her first pullup today! I was glad for her. No, really. (read: lividly jealous...) It's really my own fault that I'm not doing better tho. I know how to get there. Just taking my time.

Saturday, 1/19/08, Somethin' Soon at IronSport:

Suped.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Great workout Erin. Did you download the song someone posted for the Tabata workouts? It has 20 sec od music and 10 secs of rest.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #27
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Feel Better...
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 PM   #28
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Davis View Post
Great workout Erin. Did you download the song someone posted for the Tabata workouts? It has 20 sec od music and 10 secs of rest.

See ya tomorrow.
Aw, Veronica. You have no idea how bummed I was on Saturday. I could have used your help with my DL form.

I'm gonna get over to IronSport soon though. Next time you come through, please let me know!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #29
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Emers View Post
I've been wanting to join in on this yoga class at my gym for a while but I feel weird cause its filled completely with old ladies...

As for your ankles.... I think its pretty normal. Greg mentions the same type of thing with his calves from running in the five fingers. I think it would just take a little bit for your body to get used to running in those. I think they might make your legs completely beast. I've pretty much decided to get a pair to lift in, just havent bought them yet.
Yeah. I'm gonna keep trying to run in the five fingers. And if you get a pair, prepare yourself for some strange looks...especially if you use them in yoga classes filled completely with old ladies. Heh. By the way, it's freezing up here...and I'm house sitting for a client who's in Miami. Sucks.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #30
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Low View Post
Yep. Did gymnastics until I was about 10/11 then did baseball for a year after that and then golf a couple years in HS. Went to college at UMD which has Gymkana an exhibitional gymnastics program so I did that for 4 years in college. I got hooked in with Jesse and crew about 2/3 through college and have been doing Parkour after college as my main activity (since I can't do gymnastics anymore obviously).

So yeah. We'll see where we go from here.
Steve! I checked out some Gymkana stuff...looks like SO much fun.