CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #21
David Aguasca
Member David Aguasca is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nyack  NY
Posts: 828
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

amen, leon. ronnie is a funny guy, whether he knows it or not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #22
Kris Warner
Member Kris Warner is offline
 
Kris Warner's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dayton  OH
Posts: 187
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lopez-Ota View Post
It's a joke but your ability to take silliness seriously is amusing. Ive seen gullible, but you take the cake. Maybe I'll post a video of me doing 50+ pullups since I can do that and maybe my over 2x bodyweight deadlift. Hmmmm.........
Post videos of your 50 clean pullups...not kips. What do you weigh? 2x bodyweight in DL is not impressive. Show 2x bench or squat please.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 PM   #23
David Aguasca
Member David Aguasca is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nyack  NY
Posts: 828
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

50 pullups are 50 pullups, kipping or not....and 50 pullups coupled with a 2xBW DL is pretty damn good. i personally believe jason.

also, does the athletic value of a 2xBW DL change depending on bodyweight? that's the point. it's about relative strength.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #24
Kris Warner
Member Kris Warner is offline
 
Kris Warner's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dayton  OH
Posts: 187
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguasca View Post
50 pullups are 50 pullups, kipping or not....and 50 pullups coupled with a 2xBW DL is pretty damn good. i personally believe jason.

also, does the athletic value of a 2xBW DL change depending on bodyweight? that's the point. it's about relative strength.
I disagree. Find someone on this site that can do the same number of strict conventional pullups as they kip. By your logic he should be able to do 50 conventional pullups if he can kip 50. I'm not dissing the kip, just saying that it isn't a 1:1 ratio. The kip is based on power and the conventional is based on strength. Lots of debates on kips vs regular and I'm not looking to get into one.

No the athletic value doesn't change depending on bodyweight, until a certain point. Ronnie pulled 800 2x at a weight of just under 300lb which is around 2.5x his bw for 2. I don't know what his single RM is, but it's over 2.5x his bw. I will say that it is really easy to train ANYONE to be able to pull 405 regardless of weight.

I believe him too as 2x BW DL is ordinary and maybe 50 kips is too. I was just curious what he weighed.

Last edited by Kris Warner : 11-12-2007 at 03:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
Jason Lopez-Ota
Member Jason Lopez-Ota is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Honolulu  Hawaii
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Warner View Post
I disagree. Find someone on this site that can do the same number of strict conventional pullups as they kip. By your logic he should be able to do 50 conventional pullups if he can kip 50. I'm not dissing the kip, just saying that it isn't a 1:1 ratio. The kip is based on power and the conventional is based on strength. Lots of debates on kips vs regular and I'm not looking to get into one.

No the athletic value doesn't change depending on bodyweight, until a certain point. Ronnie pulled 800 2x at a weight of just under 300lb which is around 2.5x his bw for 2. I don't know what his single RM is, but it's over 2.5x his bw. I will say that it is really easy to train ANYONE to be able to pull 405 regardless of weight.

I believe him too as 2x BW DL is ordinary and maybe 50 kips is too. I was just curious what he weighed.
It's just a funny video.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #26
Kris Warner
Member Kris Warner is offline
 
Kris Warner's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dayton  OH
Posts: 187
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lopez-Ota View Post
It's just a funny video.
Yes. Sorry I got my panties all twisted. I get ****ed when people bash other training ways...just felt like some BBing bashing was going on at Ronnies expense. I'll admit when I watched the leg press video I laughed (at him and not with him). I have to stand up for CF bashing coming from BBers and PLers on all the other foums I am a member...

Last edited by Kris Warner : 11-12-2007 at 03:49 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #27
Jason Lopez-Ota
Member Jason Lopez-Ota is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Honolulu  Hawaii
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Warner View Post
Yes. Sorry I got my panties all twisted. I get ****ed when people bash other training ways...just felt like some BBing bashing was going on at Ronnies expense. I'll admit when I watched the leg press video I laughed (at him and not with him). I have to stand up for CF bashing coming from BBers and PLers on all the other foums I am a member...
I see where you're coming from. Yes I agree Ronnie Coleman is a machine, an 8 time Mr. Olympia would have to be. He works hard as hell which also inspires me. I just think "YEAAAAH BAAAAABBBAAAAAYYYY!!!!!" is funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #28
David Wood
Departed David Wood is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2002
 
Posts: 3,303
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Warner View Post
I will say that it is really easy to train ANYONE to be able to pull 405 regardless of weight.
Wow. I guess I can stop feeling good about that particular achievement now. It's really easy . . .
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #29
Kris Warner
Member Kris Warner is offline
 
Kris Warner's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dayton  OH
Posts: 187
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
Wow. I guess I can stop feeling good about that particular achievement now. It's really easy . . .
I got my sister to ATG squat 245 at 110lbs in less than 2 mos. She's much stronger now. There are guys on this board who can't do that after training for much longer periods of time. (big differnece between parallel and ATG) Sorry if PLing programming yields a higher DL faster than a CF program, but pulling 405 is something that can be achieved by any man who trains for it in a relatively short period of time. DL is the easiest move of all the PL moves to learn and progress on.

I believe it was Mr. SS (Rip) who said anyone can be trained to pull 405 in a short time frame given proper training.

Last edited by Kris Warner : 11-12-2007 at 06:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
David Wood
Departed David Wood is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2002
 
Posts: 3,303
Re: Ronnie Coleman leg pressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Warner View Post
I believe it was Mr. SS (Rip) who said anyone can be trained to pull 405 in a short time frame given proper training.
Hey, Kris, no need to rub it in. Like I said, I already stopped feeling good about it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leg pressing may be hazardous to your health Don Stevenson Community 2 04-17-2007 08:46 AM
Leg Pain Sean Harrison Injuries 5 11-29-2006 06:20 AM
Bench Pressing Troy Archie Fitness 6 03-02-2005 07:43 AM
Overhead pressing... Graham Hayes Exercises 0 03-01-2005 11:48 AM
Pressing to handstands Graham Hayes Exercises 0 01-15-2005 08:06 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.