CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
Grady McDonald

Profile:
I was losing my mind watching Cro Cop fight in the US. Awesome to see. A bit of an early stoppage IMO (but who cares, a formality, REALLY>>>)

Cote should have finished Smith when he had the chance.

Lutter won the first round...had he been a bit more professional in his preparation...who knows.

One more fight for Rampage and he'll be facing Iceman.

Goldberg from the top rope "Good time to join the HW division, eh Randy" CroCop and Couture...standby....

Old 02-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
James Besenyei

Profile:
Agree about Lutter, he had time to prepare & train the right way, very disappointing...but good to see Anderson win on the ground

Rampage was unimpressive, but gracious, and admitted that he needs to dust off the guns a bit..which is a good thing

Cro-Cop was impressive

But the 155's, Griffin & Edgar, fought the best fight of the night...grueling, technically sound, aggressive, all out...very enjoyable

UFC coming to Ohio next...love to see Couture back in the ring but not so sure about the outcome, or why he would risk it.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
I too was really losing my mind to see CC fight in the octagon, he almost looked out of place when he stepped into the cage and not seeing ropes behind him.

How about his entrance song, the Pride song, now that was dope.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #4
Sam Cannons

Profile:
Cro Cop was awsome to watch as always, will be intresting when he goes up for a title shot.

I bet lutter head was sore today after those elbows, it was supprising he didnt make weight, he looked as if he could easily loose 2lbs.

I his current state i would say rampage wasn't at the icemans level but time will tell.

Have to agree with james the 155ers had an excellent fight, pitty about the groin shot in the last round.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #5
Becca Borawski

Profile:
I've never seen someone go backwards so fast as Eddie Sanchez. I was disappointed we didn't get to see a real KO, or at least someone who had ANYTHING to offer CroCop.

I don't feel bad one bit for Lutter. Anyone who says in their interview, "I just couldn't find the motivation to eat right" when they're training for a title fight has some major issues.

I thought Rampage was really humble and honest and I hope he continues back on his path to becoming a better and better fighter again.

The 155 lbs fight was the best fight of the night!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
William Hunter

Profile:
Maybe it wasn't the most PC comment, but when Rampage said it was time for some black on black crime the ten of us watching together fell out of our chairs laughing. That guy rocks, and I also liked his honest assessment of his performance.

Lutter's ridiculous, I don't feel bad for him at all. Caught the express train to a title shot and then...

Loved seeing Crocop in the octagon. Most of what I've seen of him has been on Youtube. His kicks really do make a different sound from everyone else's. Anyone think his third fight will be too soon for the title shot?

BTW, props to Becca for her post mentioning Lutter failing to make weight. I read that 30 min. before I left and was able to drop the knowledge like I was in the know LOL.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
I agree:

-Sanchez looked like a cornerback out there movin so quickly.

-Rampage is definitely a character to watch and he was humble enough to not call out chuck just yet, well except for some drinks.

-CC really didnt seem too excited about his victory-when asked who he would like to fight next he said its up to the ufc. I think his mind is only set on a rematch with Fedor. If something happens to Lindland before April do you think UFC would let CC fight in Russia?

I read that Lutter didnt make weight after it happened but I didnt know if he failed the second time. good lookin out.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
Becca Borawski

Profile:
I don' think "excited" and "CroCop" ever really go in the same sentence. ;)

And no problem, William - glad to help spread any interesting info!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:10 AM   #9
Aidan O Brien

Profile:
As far as i am aware Cro Cop is a big proponent of having a certain song that you tune in to with calm and serene emotions, for him it is the Pride song!!!!

I cannot believe that Luther did not make weight...thats pretty inexcusable to be honest.

Fair play to Egar for not tappin to the knee bar the Tyson Griffin had locked in, that just looked nasty!!!!

I would not say that Rampage was not impressive, some good head movement, he was picking his shots and waiting for his openings for that Upper Cut...he caught the Beastman with it twice and i reckon he knew that how it would end.

All in all a very enjoyable event!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #10
Timothy Cox

Profile:
I agree with Aidan. Rampage wasn't overly dominant, but he did fight a smart fight. He's one of my favorite fighters for sure. I like his style, his attitude, and he's more humble than his facade would indicate.

Rampage/Chuck rematch may just end up being the biggest fight in UFC history!