CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 03-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
Curt Garner

Profile:
I've had some friends claim that in a pinch, you can throw down about three layers of old carpet padding (available free from a carpet installer), and then duct tape a cheap plastic tarp over it.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
David Cynamon

Profile:
Joseph,
you're missing one piece if you want a 10' by 10' mat. Are you just going to leave a corner empty, or are you going to cut one piece diagonally and make two of the corners diagonals?

I don't know how things are over there, but why won't they let you use a wrestling mat for wrestling? What do they use it for? It's like telling you "no eating in the cafeteria, you'll have to find somewhere else to eat"

Anyway, how are the mats working out? I'm also looking for mats and was wondering how those are working for you.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:42 AM   #13
Patrick Schoudt jr

Profile:
Got about a 15 by 15 area of the foam interlocking mats about .5 inches thick from toys r us about a year ago been rolling and throwing on them fine. Although throwing was a lttle rough at first the body got used to it. I actually like it better than my resilite because when i want them out of the way i dont have to roll them against the wall. Plus my child can play on them and if she rips them they're a lot cheaper to replace. They dont smell the basement up like a huge rubber either.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
joseph elberti

Profile:

I have been very busy, and wont get a chance to roll on the mats until thursday evening.

I have, however had a chance to practise my flairs, which on hard surfaces is brutal on my ankles when I crash- the mats work fine, and I have absolutely no doubt that they will be fine for grappling.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #15
joseph elberti

Profile:

Ok- got a chance to roll on them tonight.

Fantastic!

Used them on hard tile, with one of those under-mats (? dunno what they are called) you throw under a carpet to keep it from sliding.

In my younger days I might have felt comfortable doing takedowns on them, but not anymore.

I am very pleased.