CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
dave ojeda

Profile:
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Coach and Lauren for putting together an incredable seminar!!! The whole Crossfit crew Lani (thanks for the dances), Nicolle, Grady, Tony....etc made this event so accessable to everyone. Coming from a non- military, law enforcement or fire protection backround made no difference to the level of knowledge I absorbed or the level of community I felt. It was a great community of people to be with for 3 days and hard to leave when all was said and done.

As for quote of the weekend it had to be this one: after being worken up before 6am on Saturday by me Linc says "I knew it was a bad idea rooming with a cop (Eug) and a guy from Chicago!!!"

Thanks roomies for making the experience an even richer one!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
I am not an early riser!

That's okay, a fun time was had by all. I'm paying for that fun right now! Maybe next time I can pretend to keep up with Eugene. Oh, my aching legs...
Old 04-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
Ross Greenberg

Profile:

My legs are absolutely decimated as well, though I can't quite figure out why. Something about Fat Helen, Fight gone bad, btb tabata squats, a Mike Burgener OL clinic, and Fran all compressed into a three day period on around 6 hours a night of sleep on the same weekdend of my senior prom. On second thought perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at the soreness.

On a slightly-related note, as I was leading a sprinter at my high school today through only one round of FGB, a girl on the bench machine asked, "Have you, like, been trained to make people suffer through exercise?" I considered this question, then decided that having attended the seminar, I could honestly answer, "Yes, actually, I have."
Old 04-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
Mike Burgener

Profile:
ross.....YOU NEED TO BECOME AN OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTER!!!! you have loads of potential!!! such talent needs not go to waste!!! keep in touch....coach b
Old 04-19-2005, 06:32 AM   #5
Jason Davidson

Profile:  
Thanks to everyone for getting me through the most intense physical activity I have ever done in my life. I would not have been able to get through without everyone's support. This was an incredible experience, and I can't wait until the next one. Well, maybe I can wait a little!
-Dr. Jason (from raleigh, NC)
Old 04-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #6
Jason Culbreth

Profile:
I wasn't there but train with Jason Davidson (Doc) a lot and I want to thank everyone for brutalizing him. I got some good laughs at his pain and suffering.
It is a good thing that I know he loves it because I think after day one he was really contemplating just heading out to the beach and skipping town.

Thanks for the laughs. Glad he did it first so hopefully I can be slightly prepared when I make my trip out there.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:23 AM   #7
Paul Peterson

Profile:  
I just wanted to say thanks for a great weekend. After doing Crossfit for about 6 months I had very high expectations for the Crossfit seminar. You completely blew my expectations away. What a great bunch of people. Thanks to all of the coaches and Crossfit staff for making us so welcome. I can't wait to get to my fire station and spread the word.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #8
Jason James Howard

Profile:  
Thanks for the great weekend!! I could not have had a better time. I was very impressed with everyone who attended. Whether by levels of fitness or by the amount of heart that was put into every event. I have never met a nicer group of people; it was a pleasure to meet everyone there. The events were great and the level of instruction and support was phenomenal. Coach and Lauren, thanks again for everything. It was an honor and a pleasure to finally meet you guys.
One of the Bama Boys
Old 04-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #9
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
You had to see Dave Ojeda and Lani dancing. Dave is a swing and Salsa dancer and apparently Lani is too. They were doing an impromptu number Sunday afternoon and were really cutting the concrete. Lani wanted dips, throws and elevations but Dave wasn't at all comofortable with tossing Lani around over the concrete. Considering how much work he did during the seminar can't say that I blame him.

Lincoln is right. Next time you go on one of these things arrange to room with some other attendees. Saves you some money but better than that it allows you to get to know some CF folks better than you would have just with the seminar attendance.

Thanks for having me along Dave and Lincoln, I really had a great trip.

Coach, Lauren, Lani, Cill, Annie, Chem Girl, Nicole...hmmm, all the chicks, girls, women, babes 'cept for Coach. How does he do that? Anyway, thanks to you all for a great seminar. Coach Burgener...you need a full day. Lobby with taskmaster Lani. Hey, don't you have some kind of training thing coming up in June?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:14 AM   #10
dave ojeda

Profile:
Thanks Eugene but the star of the dancing was Lani. she really can Swing and organize a great program!!

Eugene and Lincoln it was my pleasure to room with you both, and thanks for making sure I didn't get us lost over and over!!