CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:25 AM   #21
Peter Galloway

Profile:

Cheeky Girls? Ok now I've gone too far!:happy:
Old 04-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #22
Karl Steadman

Profile:
Ron,

Awesome news mate! You been to many races? They blow your mind live. The speed and noise are almost unbelievable! I've been riding for nearly 3 years on superbikes and they seriously rock! Be prepared though buddy, my parents crap themselves every time i go out on it, not one of the safer hobbies i guess, but fcuk it, that's why it's fun!

:crazy:

On the Clash front, where's the Jam too.......Sex Pistols anyone.........?.......anyone........?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #23
Karl Steadman

Profile:
On a funny note, i know Busted suck arse, but that new band formed by the monobrow dude sound half decent.

Their latest single "Palahunuick's laughter" (or summink like that) does actually rock!

hello.........anyone...........erm.....ok......i'l l get my coat......:uhoh:
Old 04-13-2005, 11:08 AM   #24
David Easton

Profile:
Taxi for Steadman!!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #25
Karl Steadman

Profile:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh well i suppose if you stick it out there, don't be surprised when it gets torn off!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #26
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Karl,
First time for both of us.
I have a friend who goes to Laguna-Seca for the superbikes each year; this year it's Moto GP!! He loves it and rides his bike only at tracks here and in Nevada (there are about 4 or 5 good tracks within the 2 states).
Can't wait for the races on the 1st!!

Yeah, why don't you guys have the Pistols?? The Jam is a no-brainer!!

Kaiser Chiefs too poppy for you lot??
Old 04-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #27
Karl Steadman

Profile:
Ron,

You 2 are gonna love it........the bug is contagious....LOOK OUT!

BTW Kaiser Chiefs are good mate, got their album the other week......good stuff on there.

Oh yeah, track days rule........done 5 now and they improve your ridin no end! But then so does commuting through Central London traffic every day! Keeps you on your toes when every numpty in a tin box seems to be on a personal mission to part you from your bike's company!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #28
Donald Woodson

Profile:

When I was over in Argyl Scotland years ago, there was a punk band out of Glasgow called (and I'm not kidding), "Peter Head and the Four Skins".
Any of you UK guys ever heard of 'em? They played a lot of Clash, Pistols, and some of their own stuff. They were quite popular in the area.

Karl, have you ever had the pleasure (or not) of riding a Kawasaki 750H-2 triple, early '70's vintage? It's one of the machines that tried to kill me. It was a two stroke. Not much happened until you hit 4000 rpm, then all hell broke loose all the way to 8500 rpm. I had to lay on the bars to keep the front end down, then the back tire would break loose and squirrel all over the place. And it was extremely front heavy, would not turn very well at all.
Actually quite useless for your type of racing, but on the straights, nothing could touch it.
I also had a Norton 850 Commando for a while. Loved it, till I crashed it as well.
Wow, I just found a picture of a KAW exactly like mine: http://www.50cc.nl/2stroke_pleasure....750.asp~TsMain
Old 04-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #29
Karl Steadman

Profile:
Don,

Those bikes scare me! All the horsepower and virtually non existent handling or brakes! Now those were crotch-rockets!

Fastest thing i've gotten hold of is either the GSXR 1000 or it's big brother the Hyabusa. Both Suzuki and both ridiculously rapid! The Gixer just plain ****es on anything off the line (in civvy land)....but i am partial to the new revolution of Yammys and Hondas. Kwakers are catching up though....their latest ZX10R is getting rave reviews!

I don't think anyone who rides hasn't "sent it down the road" at least once......but as i said before, that's the fun!

As for the punk band...........huh? Afraid i haven't heard of them!

Old 04-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #30
Donald Woodson

Profile:

Ah yes, I forgot all about the brakes! I think there was a grip and a peddle that were supposed to be the brakes but...
I lost mine on a wet road around a long curve. No helmet (young and stupid). I remember as my body was flopping and bouncing down the road, all I could think about was, "OH NO, I'm ruining my brand new leather jacket!" I wasn't even worried about brain damage or dying or anything, just my jacket.
I guess I shouldn't worry about what I don't have.