CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Craig Howard

Profile:
}}And we're off and running!! Our first Saturday Session is on the 19th @ 8:30 AM at Larkey Park in Walnut Creek.

If you live in the East Bay Area - join us this Saturday for a killer work-out and instruction.

Visit www.diablocrossfit.com for the details.

Cheers,

Craig
Old 08-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
And so this doesn't get delegated to 'double post land'. . .

A brief introduction: Diablo CrossFit is located in 'Diablo Valley' beneath Mt. Diablo. It is in Contra Costa County, California (what many people call "the East Bay"). We are about 30 minutes East of San Francisco (yes - past Oakland), and our area of influence is Concord, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek.

We have three people running this CrossFit Cell; Craig Howard (above), Rob Barnam (aka Josh Newman's friend), and Myself (Dan Silver neophyte and all around wisearse).

We are still hunting a permanente location, but we have scouted all the local parks we could find, and picked a good'un. I have been working with people out of my garage for about a year now and it is time to expand.

Please comment on our website, and give us lots of 'constructive' jests to make us better. Thanks.

Also,

Do most of you "park workout" affiliates carry your equipment to the site from the parking lot, or do you just drive onto the grass?

We should be getting a large tire (or two) pretty soon. I was kind of hoping to leave them at our park site to avoid the extra time loading and unloading. Has anyone else tried this?

(Message edited by jjones on August 18, 2006)
Old 08-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Laura Rucker

Profile:
Congrats, guys!

And what a cool location/naming combination...I'm surprised no one else has grabbed up the DIABLO moniker.

Diablo CrossFit - It pleases our Dark Lord Satan!

L.