CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
Dan Patrick

Profile:
Re: Huntsville, AL

This is awesome! I'm originally from the Huntsville area (just South in Morgan Co. and went to UAH for a while). I'm currently at McGuire AFB in NJ, but it's great to see CF coming to the hometown. Good luck, guys!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #22
James Lambert

Profile:

[quote=Kevin Lowe;288247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lambert View Post
I am an experienced gym rat but haven't been in one more than a few days since I EASed from the Marine Corps.

QUOTE]

Hey James,
Please check out the Matrix gym that just opened on Leeman Ferry. It has a dedicated CrossFit workout area and has EVERYTHING that is needed for an intense CF workout. I've been CF'ing for 3-4 months now at different gyms around the city and the matrix is a peice of CF heaven. it is a gym that was designed from the beginning with CF in mind. Rates are very affordable also.

I think the website is www.thematrixgym.com

Russell (who has posted on this board) is the CF coach and really knows what he is doing.

This week we are meeting up there at 5:30 pm. Today is my off day but I'll damn sure be up there tomorrow.

See ya there.

kevin
My big problem right now is that I work full time and go to school in the evenings also I have 2 soon to be 3 kids. Right now I can't make a pm anything until after 7pm. I am going to contact Russell about getting a tour Friday afternoon and when he has groups there CFing. Hopefully I can find a group that fits in my schedule. I may be able to transition into an evening program when my school schedule changes in the Summer.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #23
Sean LeMay

Profile:

I'm doing the WOD (as best as I can anyway) in the Huntsville area.

Currently train at Lightfoot's but I've heard that matrix is set up for crossfit. So if they are affordable I will probably move there.

At any rate I too am hoping to find a training partner or group to join. Typically available from 4p to 10p but I prefer to train earlier rather than later.

I'm in decent shape but I still struggle to complete some WODs, especially those that focus heavily on pressing motions (right shoulder surgery last summer, left shoulder coming up this summer) and I really get motivated when I train with folks who are better than I am. Just can't take it so I work much much harder.

Anyway, my contact info is 256-599-1925 and spl6hrc@comcast.net
Old 04-11-2008, 06:56 AM   #24
James Lambert

Profile:

I'll be heading over to the Matrix gym for a workout tonight, barring Tornados and such of course. Next week I am hoping the morning classes start so I can attend a daily workout.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:45 PM   #25
Shawn Reagan

Profile:

How have the classes been at the Matrix gym?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #26
Zach Yarges

Profile:

I heard it is more geared towards gymnastics and cheer leading. Of course it is fun to jump into those foam pits. I got a set of rings, bumpers, and my ghetto homemade gear and when I want to work on heavy squats or deadlifts I just head to the Y.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #27
James Lambert

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Reagan View Post
How have the classes been at the Matrix gym?
Shawn, so far the workouts have been great. Russell has been described as a sadist for some of the workouts hes devised.

I've been working out pretty consistently since mid April and have made quite a bit of progress in all 10 physical skills in fitness.

Here is the CF Huntsville website; they are now a full fledged affiliate.

http://www.crossfithuntsville.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Yarges View Post
I heard it is more geared towards gymnastics and cheer leading. Of course it is fun to jump into those foam pits. I got a set of rings, bumpers, and my ghetto homemade gear and when I want to work on heavy squats or deadlifts I just head to the Y.
While the Matrix is generally a gymnastics gym there is a dedicated CrossFit area which has all the equipment needed for any CrossFit style workout.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #28
Jeff Barnett

Profile:

For those who might find this thread while searching for a north Alabama affiliate, I want to point out that I also operate an affiliate in the west Huntsville/Madison area called CrossFit Impulse. Check us out at the below link:

www.crossfitimpulse.com (WFS)

We're proud to be building the CrossFit community in our area along with the great folks at CrossFit Huntsville.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #29
Lori Bean

Profile:

Just getting the word out that there is another CrossFit Affiliate in Madison, AL called CrossFit Nomad.

Check us out at www.cfnomad.com

We are excited about being able to share CrossFit and building the community with the other Affiliates in the area.