CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Michael John Foster

Profile:
“A Testimonial to my Clients”

Many times in my life I have found my back against the ropes. Fighting. Fighting to find my place; trying to find My small nook in the world… Let me be the first to tell you that I have had an abundance of experiences trying. Many Successes, Many Failures. These positive and negative experiences define who I am today. They define my character and integrity. They guide my decision-making and, in the end, ultimately help me follow my true north.

Words cannot describe the emotions and adrenaline rush I experience each and every time one of my clients reaches an individual goal or milestone. To some looking in from the outside, some of these goals may be miniscule or lame, but they have no idea the strength and intestinal fortitude that it takes to conquer a “Fear” or an “I Can’t” situation. No matter how big or small the goal, whether it’s a 1-pound weight loss or being able to complete 1 push-up for the first time, each and every time I have the privilege of witnessing someone’s courage and success, I win as well.

I can easily compare these wins and adrenaline rushes to being on stage with my band playing a live show. It is in these moments I find peace and an overall feeing of being completely aware and in sync with the world around me. It is easy to become addicted to these feelings. I long for them. Not just on stage, but in each and every one of my client’s successes.

If my clients are not fully committed and struggle or give up, I feel depressed and disconnected. I find myself looking for answers as to why they have not met their goals… But it is these situations that make me a better trainer. I learn to adapt and overcome these obstacles. I search for answers and learn to accept, modify and try new innovative ideas. If I don’t, I know I will become complacent and stale.

As a CrossFit Coach, I must become my own client. If I am not fully committed to my own success and growth, then I most certainly cannot expect my clients to succeed!

I love coaching. I love my clients. I love my fellow coaches and mentors. Yes, I have worked hard to be where I am now and I am proud of my accomplishments. But I need to continue to work even harder and fully commit myself if I intend to win in this business. No excuses. In the end there is only one person that looks back at me in the mirror… And that person is me. I will succeed.