CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #141
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Re: Kelly Moore's "New lease on life" log

Hey Kevin,

Great to hear from you!

I lift in my living room and garage at my house in Madison. I can also go to a gym if you have access to one. I would be happy to work with you. Just send me a PM and I'll get in touch with you.

I'm working Rip's Denver Barbell cert this weekend, but I should be home on Monday.

Kelly
Old 05-23-2009, 09:21 AM   #142
Kelly Moore

Profile:

A short workout Friday AM before jumping on the plane headed to Denver:

3 rounds for time:

10 75# C&J
10 L-sit pullups

7:58 - full squat cleans and jerks, not presses, push presses or thrusters. Dead stop from the floor each rep - I need to work hard on keeping my technique as good as I can make it. I'm taking a serious run at learning to squat clean well so this is a foundation movement for me at this time
L-sit pullups done 10 consecutive the first round, broken the next two. Chin grip all reps with elbows as straight as possible, but not one consecutive was 100% straight. I'm simply too tight in the shoulders, chest and back right now.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #143
Tom Brose

Profile:

Nice work Kelly. You "taking a serious run at learning" the clean probably equals O lifting comp gold coming up.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #144
Kelly Moore

Profile:

Thanks Tom. After nailing seven single squat and power cleans with 135 at the Denver BB cert, I'm confident I can work at least the squat portion of the lift to a respectable number.

4x3x105# squat cleans - MiniKat decided to sit directly behind my feet on the last rep. Came down in the squat and smushed the cat. Cripes. Where is the survival instinct??? That's the fastest I ever came up in a front squat! I'm going to move a bar and bumpers into the garage....
5x5x30# weighted pullups - Strict, deadhang, no kip, collarbones to bar each rep
5x5x100# presses - Hands a little too close first set, had to stop and regrip the first round. No breaks on other rounds. Shoulders tight again, having trouble getting the bar directly overhead. Locked out about 2 degrees shy of overhead.
5x5x210# back squat - Strong, easy sets. All reps well below parallel. The more I focus on dropping straight down between my knees the stronger the reps. Hands in close and wrists straight. Much, much better than my reps when I was powerlifting. Coach Rippetoe's teachings are making the difference.

I'm getting the itch to find a raw Powerlifting meet again....