CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #331
Lynne Lagan

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Sydney WOD Log

Good work Damo. Today was indeed a killer.

Given my passionate love of handstands *cough*, I subbed these for a 25kg shoulder press. I stupidly started at 27kg and after 5 reps I realised that was a really bad idea and dropped down to 25kg. It was still bloody hard and I could only do singles for most of the second and the last set. Took YEARS to get through. Jumping dips and push ups felt easy in comparison. Managed to get through it just before Andrew called time at the 30 minute mark (although my last couple of shoulder press reps looked remarkably like a push press).

I imagine I will feeling like I am carrying several people around on my shoulders by tomorrow morning. Yeouch.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #332
Damien Stewart

Profile:
Unhappy Re: CrossFit Sydney WOD Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Lagan View Post
Good work Damo. Today was indeed a killer.
Thanks Lynne! I think we're the only two left chatting on here - where's everybody else?

Today was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Or my back actually. (400m run, 30 thrusters @30kgs, 30 pullups - 3 rounds)

With DLs done last night making things tight in general, thrusters just pushed me over the edge. They were alright when I was doing them at the time, with maybe the odd twinge here or there but OMG, afterwards I just crashed!

Went home, stretched some more, applied an ice pack, took 2 nurofen and had a lie down. Woke up at 10:30! Took me 10 minutes to put my shoes on. My lower back just totally locked up - not good.

So CF has given me this ability to push myself which is great, but need to keep this within my limits. Taking tomorrow off (with a visit to my chiro) and we'll see how things feel Thursday...

Damien.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #333
Lynne Lagan

Profile:

Oh dear! No good about your back. Take a rest, hope the chiro fixes you right up.

Yes, where is everyone else on this thread? Oh well.

Did not enjoy the thrusters today.

Wish I could kip.

That is all.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #334
Lynne Lagan

Profile:

I have to talk to myself now you are injured Damo!

You missed Murph today, very good day to have a bad back....

I did the full Murph today, although subbed the chinups for ring rows on the box (to be honest, I think jumping kippers would have been easier!!)

It took me over an hour, but I was so chuffed to get through it all. I also did all my pushups on the paralettes, which I was really happy with, and could still get out sets of 5 at the end. My triceps are going the HATE me tomorrow.

I did all the running in my VFF as well, so will be interesting to see how my feet feel in the morning (I am guessing the rest of me will be so sore my feet will be the least of my worries).

Last time I did Murph was back at the start of January, took me 50 minutes, but I only did 50/100/200, no feet on the box for ring rows and push ups on the box. So pretty happy to only be 10-15 minutes longer with the full workout.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #335
Damien Stewart

Profile:
Thumbs down Re: CrossFit Sydney WOD Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Lagan View Post
I have to talk to myself now you are injured Damo!

You missed Murph today, very good day to have a bad back....
Hi Lynne, I'm still here! Well done on Murph - actually Tamsin told me everyone had a really good crack at it, which is great. I was really keen to try the full workout this time too, but alas I am just not up to Murph, or much else at the moment.

Back is fine. Actually, I think because of CrossFit it's not as bad as it could be. My muscles have gone into lockdown to protect my back so just need to loosen them up. Need to pay more attention to stretching after a WOD, particularly for intensive squat-based ones. So, good lesson learned I guess. Hamstrings are tight and mobility is pretty restricted right now. Hoping it feels better in a few days. For the moment, Murph will have to wait until another day.

Damien.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 AM   #336
Chris Head

Profile:

Damn I missed Murph, I want to do it as it is the first group workout. I will try to do it on Saturday. That being said I am looking forward to the pull-up workout tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #337
Damien Stewart

Profile:
Smile Re: CrossFit Sydney WOD Log

Wow, guess everyone is into BTW now...just the tumbleweeds blowing across the plain here...

So will keep this mainly to notes.

Last week, overdid it a bit, straining the lower back. Very stiff and hard to move so rested up for a few days. Getting back into it this week. Realised through this recent experience that it all about good form.

On my squats, I can now sense my body moving unevenly. This was how I hurt myself before - great that the body learns! Now I try to slow the movement down a bit. It works deeper into the muscles. Karen on Tuesday smashed me, as I tried to apply this principle. Legs still sore actually!

Hoping to tackle a heavy day again soon as I missed front squats this week.

Damien.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #338
Damien Stewart

Profile:
Smile Re: CrossFit Sydney WOD Log

Hey there,

Congratulations to all who had a shot on the weekend for the regional qualifiers. It was inspiring stuff! Definitely motivated me to get my act together to have a shot next year - looks like I will have my work cut out for me!

Felt like I took a bit of the vibe with me to the WOD today - Nancy. Not terribly fast (first time through this one I believe) but technique felt good and best of all, my stupid lower back was taking a day off so no pain either, except for screaming muscles.

23 minutes, 54 seconds, 30kgs on the OHS.

Also got my spiffy new blue-camo VFFs today courtesy of Carole's trip to the US...Awesome start to the week!

Damien.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #339
Alix Clark

Profile:

Yeah, was an awesome event - great to see the big guns in action! And yay for Andrew, Sven, Dan, Ian and Deanne for such fab efforts. And we all know that Andrew was esp chuffed to beat those CFX boys - well done!

Nancy with 20kg bar
15:57.

OHS are such a great movement for core!