CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Karin Jonczak

Profile:
Deadlifts (seems to be the theme this week!)

Feel like my DL's have come apart some. I backed the weight down (first video in the list is actually the last of the night), and really worked on maintaining connections. I think I need to stay here for a bit before working the weight back up again.

It's really interesting to me how 'everything' ties together. I tend to loose my back squats by tipping forward and I lean forward some in my air squats.. I am 100% sure its all related!!

Karin

http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=286C8CBDC9553A61 (WFS)
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Deadlifts (seems to be the theme this week!)

You weren't quite set before you started the deadlift, theres a bit of hip lift before the weight moves. It's minor and everything else looks good. I will say that the playlist thing is rather annoying, can you just put them all into 1 video next time?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
Robert Callahan

Profile:

The heavy one had a bit of hip movement before the weight lifted but the others all looked pretty good, keep up the good work make sure you straighten all the way out at the top

-Robert
Old 06-01-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Disagree that you're shooting your hips up; what's actually happening is that you're setting up too low, so you're finding your "true" pull position before the weight leaves the ground. Move your butt up a bit, shoulders more forward and torso more horizontal, and you should be able to pull without adjusting.

More hip bend on the way down before the knees bend; you shouldn't have to move the bar around your knees.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
Karin Jonczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
You weren't quite set before you started the deadlift, theres a bit of hip lift before the weight moves. It's minor and everything else looks good. I will say that the playlist thing is rather annoying, can you just put them all into 1 video next time?
I know that the PL is annoying, sorry!! My friend is shooting them on his still camera, I need to buy a video camera!!

Thanks for looking though :-)

Karin
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Karin Jonczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
Disagree that you're shooting your hips up; what's actually happening is that you're setting up too low, so you're finding your "true" pull position before the weight leaves the ground. Move your butt up a bit, shoulders more forward and torso more horizontal, and you should be able to pull without adjusting.

More hip bend on the way down before the knees bend; you shouldn't have to move the bar around your knees.
interesting, going to have to go back and re-read Rippetoe (again)... I think I am missing something.

Karin