CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #31
Rob Bousquet

Profile:
Re: Looking for evidence that kipping pullups do or do not cause shoulder injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
The fact that your OHS is weak and that you also get pain when you do it are probably related. I've no real way of knowing, but it could be due to incorrect form, or needing to strengthen your shoulders a bit.
The form is incorrect and the OHS is weak due to the shoulder decrease ROM and the pain caused by it. Also my right wrist has limited ROM which makes front squat and thrusters painful. The shouder feels restricted in the joint. Massage and acupuncture does help but it has not gone away.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
Daniel Pope

Profile:
Re: Looking for evidence that kipping pullups do or do not cause shoulder injuries.

I know this is an old thread and I don't mean to beat a dead horse but this is a very interesting topic for me. I gave my best effort to look into the literature and find some ways that kipping pullups may be causing injuries and how to fix them.

SFW