CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #11
Matt Davies

Profile:
Re: "HOPE" Wod

I'm way behind on the WOD's had a week and a half off (I normally trail the Mainsite WODs by a few days) tapering and recovering from a 1/2 marathon. I did "Hope" today.

This was a fun one, 210 as RX'ed but man the heart rate was through the roof fast. Too true the comment that the C2B pullups were the easy part, I was thrilled when they came around, ahhhh "rest" by doing pullups!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Marc Kramer Jr.

Profile:

Managed 175. That WOD was one of the roughest so far for me. To think that 15 minutes of a workout would totally gas you is absurd but it does not fail.

Was both happy and unhappy with my score.

Unhappy: I felt I gassed out too quickly and found myself resting the first 15 to 20 seconds of some exercises in the later rounds.
Happy: I had a buddy of mine who is in good physical shape and a bigger guy, (not a crossfitter) do "HOPE" and he was so gassed and only got to 133. Just proves that it takes a lot more then just being "strong" to do crossfit. Cardio and endurance is key.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Aaron Korth

Profile:

Nice job Marc!!! Friendly competition is always fun, but its even better when you beat a friend!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Kramer Jr. View Post
Managed 175. That WOD was one of the roughest so far for me. To think that 15 minutes of a workout would totally gas you is absurd but it does not fail.

Was both happy and unhappy with my score.

Unhappy: I felt I gassed out too quickly and found myself resting the first 15 to 20 seconds of some exercises in the later rounds.
Happy: I had a buddy of mine who is in good physical shape and a bigger guy, (not a crossfitter) do "HOPE" and he was so gassed and only got to 133. Just proves that it takes a lot more then just being "strong" to do crossfit. Cardio and endurance is key.
Exactly how I felt. I thought "200 reps" going in...saw some "better" guys at my box barely hit that number so I downgraded my expectations a bit. I hit 175 as well and felt exactly like you. Gassed after 1 round and resting too much but it was just one of those workouts. It was a gasser for sure...
Old 07-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Jonathan Renner

Profile:

This WOD sounds rough! I googled it but came up with nothing? I need a conditioning workout for tomorrow, and a rough one that gets the heart going could be a good candidate. Can somebody run this by me?
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
Jonathan Renner

Profile:

OK nevermind. Just found it. Looks pretty tough. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I'm not even going to set a goal, as I really don't know what to expect.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
Glenn Plomchok

Profile:

Probably a good idea to just go after it...you will gas at some point, it is just one of those WOD's where your up/down, up/down a lot and you get tired. Hope it goes well for you. I'd like to give myself a couple months and give it a go again. All of the movements are decent ones for me, couple together they are just tough.

Good luck! Report back!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Jonathan Renner

Profile:

Okay so I tried it out, but had to modify, because my Olympic Weightlifting set doesn't have any 5's and 10's. So I used 95 pounds for the snatches and thrusters. As a result, I decided to cut the time on everything, and make it more of a tabata type of workout.

20 seconds of burpees
10 seconds rest (used to go to the next circuit)
20 seconds snatches w/95 lbs
10 seconds rest
20 seconds box jumps
10 seconds rest
20 seconds thrusters w/95 lbs
10 seconds rest
20 seconds strict pullups (I'm just not down with the weird crossfit pullup kipping/butterfly things)

3 rounds of that with 2 minutes rest in between. I'd usually score in the low 40's.

My thrusters need some serious work by the way.

I encourage y'all to give it a try for fun's sake. It's not pleasant, but it's over pretty quickly.