CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 09-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
Joshua Newman

Profile:
I stand (per usual) corrected.

Lincoln, what is the percentage difference between your push press and jerk weights? I ask because the Jerk is holding me back (by about 30 pounds) from a 150% BW C&J, and I've been trying to figure out how much of my plateau is lack of strength versus lack of skill.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #12

Profile:

Beth - double bodyweight squat is a seriously righteous mark to aim for. And like Ross said, bodyweight snatch is rad. I about peed myself on that one.

Joshua - can you video tape yourself and link it to the digital coaching section? Maybe Coach B or Dan John or someone can give you an idea of whether your jerk technique is causing you problems.

Also, ala Coach B, work some behind-the-neck jerks. Perfect line, better rack support, so it'll let you get accustomed to getting way bigger weights overhead. Helped me bring my jerk right up to my clean. Also, if you're super interested in the Os, check out Coach B's workout of the day (www.mikesgym.org).
Old 09-29-2005, 10:24 AM   #13
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Joshua,
My best push press is 25% more than my strict press. My best jerk is around 60% more than my strict press. The thing about the PP and the jerk is that there is a lot of technique - and it's the same technique - on the dip and drive.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #14
Ross Hunt

Profile:
Greg,

Your weightlifting strength seems to be going up rapidly. I recall that a couple months ago on CrossFit Norcal there was a video of you grinding out a 175 snatch, and now there's a video of you snatching 195. How are you training? Are you doing Coach Burgener's WOD?