CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Austin Davis

Profile:
Weight loss vs Fat loss

Hi,
I'm trying to explain the difference between weight loss/gain and fat loss/muscle gain to some people I work with. I saw some pics while I was lurking that may help, one in particular showed a girl's before and after profile shots, with her after weighing more than her before, but being noticeably more fit due to muscle's higher density. Does anyone still have this? Or have some similar shots they can post?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Michael Dries

Profile:
Re: Weight loss vs Fat loss

This photo? http://media-cdn.pinterest.com/uploa...Q9O5CANq_f.jpg (WFS as far as i can tell).

Explain to them that loosing weight means, anything, fat, water, muscle, hair. You can chop off a leg and instantly loose about 20lbs of "weight." Anybody can loose weight, as show by the silly person who did the "Twinkie, junk food diet".

Now loosing fat, means you're removing fat from the body while minimizing the amount of muscle and water shed at the same time. This is difficult for most people to do.