CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 08-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #11
Zach Nikka

Profile:

i keep log of all my workouts at www.mmaathletes.com

go check it out if you want, im sure the board wouldnt mind a few more people having logs
Old 08-20-2005, 04:08 AM   #12
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Im really old fashioned,
I print off the WOD.Usually i can time it so i get two to a page( im 1/2 day behind due to time zones). I add it to my Bright Pink (I'm a girl I can get away with it)display folder and take it to the gym with me. I note sub's, times and comments on the space down the side,as well as mark off the rounds. At the end of the month i file it in a lever arch folder, also pink at home. Then start again.

PS Sometimes i write WOD on post-it notes and take them to the Gym instead, then transfer times onto next days if i can print two WOD to the page that day.
And no they aren't pink! I've used up all the pink ones and im on to the yellow now :P
Old 08-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
Mike Rounsville

Profile:  
Like Sebastian, I use Livejournal.com
It allows me to not only log the WOD but anything else I wanna add in there.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:06 AM   #14
Coach

Profile:

If you have been posting your efforts in "comments", you can use the Google search feature on the front page right side, select "search CrossFit" and enter either the workout or an exercise, and your name, and you'll "pull-up" all the WOD's you've done with that exercise or workout. It doesn't get any easier than that. Many of you have been using the Google tool and WOD comments as a fully searchable permanent digital workout log for years. Funny it doesn't seem to have come up here before.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #15
Matt Gagliardi

Profile:
Yup...Coach is dead-on. The Google tool on the front page works great. Feed it your name in quotes (i.e. "Matt G.") and it'll get you what you want.

Personally, also use a software package at home to track my workouts and eating. That may be a bit more effort than some people want to put in though.

If I may offer a suggestion...in the future, simply type up what you intend to post in Comments in Notepad.exe, save it, then just copy and paste what you wrote into the appropriate box in the comment submission form. That way you've always got a local copy. Also...on benchmark workouts (The Girls), be sure to include the name of the workout in your log. That makes it easily searchable (you'd just do a find on the particular name).
Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #16
Laura Rucker

Profile:
Cool, Coach. I did that with just my username and it comes up with my WOD comments and my message board posts. It should scare me that there are over 10 pages of hits with that search!!!! Yikes.

The first one I clicked took me to the Burpees/Thrusters WOD in which I am roasted for inciting the Jump in that WO. DOH!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #17
Scott Hagnas

Profile:
Matt-

What software do you use to track your training and diet?

Thanks!

Scott Hagnas
CrossFit Portland
Old 08-24-2005, 12:26 PM   #18
Ralph Garcia

Profile:
Kevin,

Is there any chance you'd be willing to share a blank copy of your MS Access database on this forum?

I can manage Word and Excel just fine, but I'm not to keen on Access.

-Ralph