CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
Richard Lee Sattro

Profile:
Re: has anyone seen this...

By the way here is the link to Rocklin Crossfit (WFS)

http://www.rocklincrossfit.com/

They also maybe trying to prove a point. I really don't know what they are doing but I am pretty sure it is all legal since they are an affiliate.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
Matt Morris

Profile:

Another thought...

In a former life, I used to be a California High School teacher. The Curriculums that teachers are allowed to teach are set by the state and have to be exhaustively considered in order to be approved by the appropriate governing bodies.

It looks like a major part of the value of this program is that it has been shaped to be easily comparible to the California teaching standards. This would make implementation in a school much easier.

That said...it sure looks a lot like the CrossFit I've come to know and love. It may just be a brilliant way to subvert the exhisting status quo of Physical Education in California schools. I just hope they aren't expecting kids to do Grace (as shown on the sample curriculum) in their first month of CF without MAJOR scaling and LOTS of technique practice!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #13
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Very Interesting...

We already certify folks to train other folks in CF based on one weekend's worth of lecture and practical... CF is just now getting that standardized with written tests.

But now, you can completely circumvent that, pay $225 and throw kids through Grace, Helen, FGB, etc... Fantastic. Although they don't call it CF those are potent WODs.

I'm hoping there's more to this story than that. I know most states require PE teachers to at least have a BS in Phys Ed. But does that qualify you to teach clean and jerk to kids? Especially with the goal of having them competitively do 30 for time...

Looks like that Rocklin affiliate is down with SST, so maybe there is more oversight than just paying the money and teaching the system.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Eddie Baumgartner

Profile:

This guy came to my high school when i was a junior, i have the old SST manual and it doesnt list any off the WODS. He probably is just trying to cash in on it. I think that it is bad for kids to have this, UNLESS you would have a special class for this and it would be an elective PE class you would take as a junior or senior. Right now i am getting my BS in Phys Ed, and the only thing we have to teach kids a C&J or any other lift is an Analysis of Weight Training 2 unit class, its all hands on but still.