CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #31
John Penner

Profile:
Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

0 sugar
0 grains
Bob I'm w/ you Time to put on the big boy underwear, suck it up, and get serious.
Looking for lean. My training always suffered the day after eating bad. No question.
basic goals would be
1. lowest BF ever (always been a little chubby) even in H.S.
2. fittest ever(running, pull-ups, another LONG run/hike on the John Muir Trail)
3. keeping up w/ my buddy Ryan who raced Ironman as a pro & been to Championships in HI 5-6 times.
4. quiting sugar/grains so I can chow down on all that great Paleo food w/o worries about daily calories.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #32
Jennifer Woods

Profile:

So my first day went really well. I think the key to staying on track is variety. Variety in the veggies, meat and fruit options. I get bored really fast, so this is my key to keeping on track.
My energy level is pretty low today. Rather than push myself in to a hard workout today, I am going to take these first few days and concentrate on diet. Hopefully on Monday, my energy level will peak and this will all workout.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #33
Jack Gayton

Profile:

I'm in. I've made several attempts at a 30 day stretch w/o sugar or grains, but haven't quite made it. Usually give in about Saturday night when a big bowl of ice cream comes calling. I still have managed to stick to paleo about 75% of the time.

As others have said above, I want to lean out, improve performance and, if a six pack somehow appears, that would be ok too.

I'm sick right now, so I'll just focus on my diet for the next few days. Hopefully, I'll be back to WOD's early next week.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #34
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Penner View Post
sugar, artificial sweeteners, Habbitually grabbing diet sodas, eating some of my kids' food or snacks while makeing it for them, eating late, you name it.
I'm with you there. I'm always polishing off the chicken nuggets or the last 1/4 of a PB&J.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #35
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Yesterday I gave in to my Chai Tea with 2 raw sugars and a splash of soy and I have realized it tastes better without any sugar in it. I've finally redefined my taste buds, haha
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #36
Bob Guere

Profile:

This is officially Day 2 for me. Zero bad stuff yesterday.

Anybody on here NOT kicking beer? I think I remember that on the "OK" list on the other challenges and I can't figure out why. We're also trying to get rid of as much artificial sweetener as we can. But some in the coffee in the morning might be necessary. But we're off all soda (the whole family for a year) so that was the most of my art. sweetener.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #37
Marc Doucette

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
This is officially Day 2 for me. Zero bad stuff yesterday.

Anybody on here NOT kicking beer? I think I remember that on the "OK" list on the other challenges and I can't figure out why. We're also trying to get rid of as much artificial sweetener as we can. But some in the coffee in the morning might be necessary. But we're off all soda (the whole family for a year) so that was the most of my art. sweetener.
I usually try to cut out any drinking, this way on a night where I do kick back and have a few beers, all my friends get really excited that I deemed the occasion so special.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #38
Bob Guere

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Doucette View Post
I usually try to cut out any drinking, this way on a night where I do kick back and have a few beers, all my friends get really excited that I deemed the occasion so special.
That's how we're approaching this too. I think beer intake (for me anyway) has slowed my body comp progress this last year for sure. It's the only thing I didn't completely get rid of this year. But it's time for a change. My body comp has not changed since the beginning of September. So, it's definitely time to get my @ss in gear.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #39
Kerry Guere

Profile:

No grains or sugar for me yesterday! I am fining this not as hard as I thought it would be but it has only been one day. We shall see.

Last year was great and I really worked hard!! Crossfit is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done!!! This year is gonna be a fun ride!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #40
James Compora

Profile:

I have been trying to do this for a while now but with holidays just getting over it was hard to do it than. So far it has been like 3 days and ive had 1 sandwich and thats it for both. I actually feel crappy for eating that plain bread. But luckily, my WOD today is helen and im hoping that should make it not as bad