CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #71
Tristan Warneke

Profile:
Re: "Eva"

Did this one last night but never posted. This is one crazy workout and fitting for the one it is named after. Having been around since last March, there are 3 very memorable workouts before this one. My first CF workout was the hold 45# overhead and do 25 lunge steps and then Burpees. The really memorable one was the 5 round 400m, 75# SDHP x21, 75# Thrusters x21 that just destroyed me for days afterward. And the third was everyone's favorite Fran-Diane mash-up that showed OPT feeling like he got hit by a train.

And then there was Eva.

5 rounds of pure insanity. I tried doing 65# Dumbbell swings (don't own a 70#) but I couldn't keep good form so I dropped to 55# after the first round (i need to get KBs cause they are so much better). Time taken was a hellish 43:51, which was made tougher by the fact I was running laps around the school gymnasium and it was 12 laps of sheer boredom with sharp turns per 800M. And I tore a dime size callus with 10 pull-ups left to go, so now I officially have my first torn up hands from CF and it only took me 9 months and one crazy workout named Eva.

-TripMN
Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #72
John Biddle

Profile:

Yet to do this - saving for the weekend when there's more panting time available afterwards. Looks a strong contender for inclusion in the 3 nastiest CF WOD list (with Linda and filthy 50 imho).
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #73
Wade Smith

Profile:

53:13

The (subbed) rows were the easy/fast part.
Yes, ALOT of (back) pulling going on in this Eva WOD.
I too left a nice sweat angel.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #74
Craig Takahiro Descoteaux

Profile:

did rx'd w/ 70 lb dumbbell
time: 39:18
It pretty much sucked after round 1
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 AM   #75
Matt Parkins

Profile:
Wink Re: "Eva"

I did this yesterday, and after seeing all the times posted I'm guessing I should have scaled down a bit more.
I did the 800m run on a dreadmill at 1.5 elevation,
60lb dumbell swing,
pull ups done strict (haven't gotten kipping down completely).

This evil workout took me 76:45. I was able to do 3 sets of 10 swings on the last round, but I was so completely baked that I had to rest for a minute and a half between sets. I feel like I would have been a little bit more gassed if I had scaled the weight down more but I enjoy how completely fried my muscles are today doing the heavier weight.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #76
Gant Grimes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Parkins View Post
I did this yesterday, and after seeing all the times posted I'm guessing I should have scaled down a bit more.
Nonsense! Workouts like this are good for the soul. I feel better about the efforts I give in WOD like this--those I suck at--than the ones I can dominate.

Workouts that bring you to your knees teach you something about yourself. It sounds like you had your *** handed to you yesterday, and I congratulate you on that. Nice work!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #77
Matt Parkins

Profile:
Talking Re: "Eva"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gant Grimes View Post
It sounds like you had your *** handed to you yesterday, and I congratulate you on that. Nice work!

I really did, and thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #78
Martin Schap

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
This seems like a goofy thing to say, but has anyone else gotten the impression that the WoDs are... getting harder?
Seriously. Any morning I am expecting to wake up, check the WOD, and see the words "get wet and sandy" at the top of the workout.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #79
Carlos Cristan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Schap View Post
Seriously. Any morning I am expecting to wake up, check the WOD, and see the words "get wet and sandy" at the top of the workout.
There was one a few months ago that took me like 55 minutes, 21-18-15-12-9 of
95# DL
95# Hang Power Clean
95# Front Squat
95# Push Jerk
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #80
Martin Schap

Profile:

I remember that one. It took me over 40 minutes, though I'm not sure the exact time. I just remember because 40 minutes is where I always wonder if I should pull the plug.