CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #31
Zach Wright

Profile:
Re: Tool for CrossFit data collection - logsitall.com

Fantastic job, this is going to be an awesome way for me to track my progress. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 AM   #32
Shane Upchurch

Profile:

I was checking out the example data sheet for helen you have up and was wondering will all the times be shown in seconds only? I know it really doesnt matter since this is a tool to track progress and for comparison purposes but it would be convenient if the times were shown in minutes:seconds since most of us are used to seeing our times in this format...just my opinion though. It also doesnt make those of us with 20 minute times feel as bad...thsoe commas hurt.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #33
Bill Patton

Profile:

shane - i agree! seconds are pretty useless for comparison purposes. the database stores all times as seconds since this makes it easier to work with - i didn't have time to finish the stats page last night - writing out seconds was easier than getting it to write out true times...

i'll work on this more later tonight - thanks for the post.

bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Upchurch View Post
I was checking out the example data sheet for helen you have up and was wondering will all the times be shown in seconds only? I know it really doesnt matter since this is a tool to track progress and for comparison purposes but it would be convenient if the times were shown in minutes:seconds since most of us are used to seeing our times in this format...just my opinion though. It also doesnt make those of us with 20 minute times feel as bad...thsoe commas hurt.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #34
John Frazer

Profile:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm getting query results that show impossibly long times for the workouts (e.g. pushing 2 hours for Fran) and also shows the CFT in hours and minutes, rather than pounds.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 AM   #35
Bill Patton

Profile:

John (and others):

ARG! i re-wrote the entire standings page this weekend - and was happy to see how fast it loaded - then several users started seeing the same thing (impossibly slow times).

It turns out to be tricky to automatically pull PR's from people's logbooks automatically - with concept2 i require users to 'flag' their own PR - then i only use these flagged pieces to calculate stats.

With logitall i wanted to make the process a bit easier - so i look through all entries per person to automatically select the PR.

Doing this quickly and cleanly was tricky - i was doing it last week using brute force (which was working, but took a long time for each report to show up). this weekend i redesigned it to use skill - but my skills came up short...

i'll work on it tonight and either revert to the accurate (but slow) brute force method or i'll find another way.

The good news is that once the data is in the system, it is simply a matter of pulling it out correctly - so please continue to input workouts - that way i'll have a good data set to work with tonight.

The CFT showing up in time rather than pounds is a separate issue - i hadn't stopped to think about the wod's that compared weights as opposed to those that compare times. This is solvable - but will take a little bit of tinkering to handle well.

thanks again for all the replies etc. as always pm, post or email me wkpatton@aol.com with comments etc.

-bill patton
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #36
Craig Howard

Profile:

This is fantastic! Thank you, very much. We're sure to post this on our site at Diablo CrossFit.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #37
James Reynolds

Profile:

Very cool! I just added all I could from the last five weeks of tracking my WODs and such that I've been saving in excel.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #38
Lenny Calabrese

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Patton View Post
It turns out to be tricky to automatically pull PR's from people's logbooks automatically - with concept2 i require users to 'flag' their own PR - then i only use these flagged pieces to calculate stats.

i'll work on it tonight and either revert to the accurate (but slow) brute force method or i'll find another way.
If you go ahead an check when the person submits or edits number and flag right then you can flag the PR and use the same method as with concept2. The overhead should be minimal assuming you only compared the new value to the old.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #39
David Sailor

Profile:

Bill,

The "How Fit Are You" tests would be a nice addition at some point. Here's the link (WFS for sure) to the Crossfit PDF about them:

http://www.crossfit.com/journal/libr...it_Are_You.pdf

There's a discussion going on in the Competitions section on this. David
Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #40
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Haven't seen any dailies available in a while? Is this just me?