CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-25-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
SHANE WERNER

Profile:

recently i went on an annuale hunting trip with my dad, (dave werner) and some of his friends, (Nick Nibbler). well as it turned out i shot my first elk, but i had broken off from my dad and nick, so i was alone on one side of a mountain, with no idea as to how i should gut my animal. after a few minates of contemplation i decided to crossfit it. so stripping down to my pants and an under shirt, and with just my belt and water bottel i took off sprinting up the mountain. granted my feet probably never hit the ground, but it was still a good run. i ran up one side and down the next of a ridge line, and found my dad and nick. after the work of gutting and quartering, we had to hike back to camp for the pack frames. now were i had shot my elk was in a vally about 3.5 miles from our camp and up hill the whole way, in rugged country. (if i were my dad i probably would have shot it 15 miles away and up hill Both ways, but thankfully i did not. after getting the packs, we had to hike back down to the animal, and backpack 50-60 pound bloody hunks of elk meat out, which is some grulling work in and of it's self, plus this was the 2nd round trip i had made, and i had run around looking for my dad. 2 years ago i would have been wiped. but the hike back was actualy quicker then the hike down, and i was the first one back in camp. afterwards my legs were tired but no where near were they should have been after that much work. i would like to give full credit of that to coach, and his crossfit routines. had it not been for you guys, i would never have made that hike, or felt so good afterwards.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Beautiful post.

One way to say "thank you" would be to freeze some of that elk meat and ship it out for Athena . . .

Old 11-28-2003, 06:50 AM   #3
Coach

Profile:

Shane, thank you, Sir. A photo of you and your take are coming up in the next round of workouts.

What a great story.

Coach