CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-29-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Derek Simonds

Profile:
I have been working on my 1 stall garage gym for the last couple of weeks. Here are a couple of pictures showing the progress. Sorry for the quality of the pictures the only camera I had handy was my cell phone.

http://i9.tinypic.com/4cxmb1e.jpg

This shows the old bench, exercise ball, GHD in the back, dumbells from 3 LB's to 40 LB's, Weight tree in the back right corner and carpeting that I pulled up from our dining room when we put in wood floors.

http://i10.tinypic.com/4ca7ci1.jpg

This picture is the Pull Up bar on the ceiling, the dip station and the Plyo Box per the instructions in the last Crossfit Journal. BTW the directions were absolutely perfect, thanks Lincoln. You can also see the Orange D-Ball 20 LB and a 12 LB Nike medicine ball in the cabinet against the wall. In my gusto to install the Pull Up bar I mounted it to close to the attic stairs. The best part was that the stairs were down at the time and I could not fold them back to put them away. DOH!

http://i9.tinypic.com/40e2y36.jpg

Here you can see my olympic bar and the rubber plates that I bought from Allison at York. In the background is my bike racks.

This week while I was traveling my C2 Rower and the power rings I ordered from Tyler arrived. I can't wait to be able to do FGB without any substitutions.

I think my wish list is down to only a few items. I need some additional poundage for my dumbbells and a couple of kettle bells. The only thing that I can not figure out is where or how I am going to install a climbing rope. My house is 2 stories and I thought I might attach it to an eave but I am not so sure that liability wise I want a rope hanging from the side of my house all the time.

Thanks for all the great posts about setting up a workout area for Crossfit.

Derek
Old 09-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Dwayne Holloway

Profile:
Derek,

Very nice, The pictures show up really clear. I wouldn't have known they were from a camera phone if you hadn't said they were. Ain't it great what you can do with such basic equipment.

Dwayne

Old 09-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
Mike ODonnell

Profile:
I think you need to add a couple 800meter sprints with the Big Wheels....man those are hard to ride as an adult!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
James R. Climer

Profile:
And how much longer are you going to depend on those training wheels, man? Let them go - they're just a crutch holding you back from realizing your true potential on the tour.

Oh, nice Grg.Gym too. I'll bet you can't wait to do Linda in June or July with that FL heat.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Derek Simonds

Profile:
Come on guys I know you all roll with the training wheels. My little girl is 4 so she is just about out of the training wheels.

The heat is rough if you don't hit it early. I make it a habit to workout around 5:30 am so it usually isn't to bad. The last time we did FGB I did it around 3:00 in the afternoon after getting back from the lake and I thought they were going to have to take me to the hospital for an IV. :lol:
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Derek--
Nice set-up!