CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Brian Yoak

Profile:
The Zone is Awesome

I realize I may be preaching to the choir, but I have been dedicated to the Zone for about 6-8 weeks. I initially was CF'ing and eating poorly. I realized that I needed to change my diet if I was going to survive the Cert. in Baltimore this past weekend. Since I begian, I have lost 3.3% body fat total. In the past 2 weeks alone, I have lost 1.5% and put on 1lb of muscle and lost 3lbs of fat.
If you have not tried the Zone yet, go for it. It is worth it
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Ryan Green

Profile:
Re: The Zone is Awesome

You admit to eating poorly prior to switching your diet, so is it Zone, or is it eating better period that accounts for the results?
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
Tom Taylor

Profile:

Brian,

Ditto on The Zone it's life changing. We are starting to dedicate alot more time talking about and implementing the diet at our box.

On another note you just made my top ten avatar list.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Brian Yoak

Profile:

Ryan---let me clarify--compared to the zone standards I was eating poorly. Prior to the zone, I was eating well,(zero fast foods, zero pops) but had to many carbs, not enough fat and protein. My wife is a great cook and is always making sure our family has well balanced meals. I did not measure food and my snacks were usually heavy on carbs, especially during the days when I would pack my lunch. So to answer your question---I feel it is the zone, rather than simply a switch.

Tom---my boys are awesome, I named my affiliate "CrossFit Legacy" in honor of them. They are my opportunity to change the world and I feel that modeling---to them and my clients--character, integrity, health, wellness, and fitness--through my affiliate is a way of teaching them that there is more to this life than simply living for ourselves. I want them to see that investing in family and others is great way to serve each other.

my wife wanted me to throw this in....she thinks he is cute
Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
Kevin Seiwell

Profile:

Just started Yesterday! Took me two hours last night to prepair and bag up snack blocks for the week. Hope to see results soon.

Whats your thought on a protien shake after a woorkout if its not combined with the carb and fat blocks. "I'm on a two block snack"
Old 04-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #6
Brian Yoak

Profile:

Kevin---with protein shakes after workout, I would look for those designed for ingestion after workout vs. those designed to just give you more protein. Most shakes that I have seen have some carbs and fat in them, so look at the lable carefully. Another option I have heard recently is to use chocolate milk post exercise. I have done that a few times, but I did not use as much choc. syrup because the sugar content was high.

Search other threads on the boards to see what others are saying too.

my 2 cents
Old 04-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #7
Jason Ackerman

Profile:

Our affiliate started a 30 Day Zone Challenge yesterday. It is most of our first times on the zone. I am coming off an IFing diet, so this is a big shock, but I felt great yesterday. I've seen huge success in some of my members on the zone diet.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #8
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Ackerman View Post
Our affiliate started a 30 Day Zone Challenge yesterday. It is most of our first times on the zone. I am coming off an IFing diet, so this is a big shock, but I felt great yesterday. I've seen huge success in some of my members on the zone diet.
Jason you enjoy zone better than IF? Are you using only/mostly paleo foods or "anything" as long as in zone proportions?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:03 AM   #9
Jason Ackerman

Profile:

not sure if I enjoy it more yet, it's only been one day.

I am using mostly paleo foods.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
Ryan Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Yoak View Post
Ryan---let me clarify--compared to the zone standards I was eating poorly. Prior to the zone, I was eating well,(zero fast foods, zero pops) but had to many carbs, not enough fat and protein. My wife is a great cook and is always making sure our family has well balanced meals. I did not measure food and my snacks were usually heavy on carbs, especially during the days when I would pack my lunch. So to answer your question---I feel it is the zone, rather than simply a switch.

Tom---my boys are awesome, I named my affiliate "CrossFit Legacy" in honor of them. They are my opportunity to change the world and I feel that modeling---to them and my clients--character, integrity, health, wellness, and fitness--through my affiliate is a way of teaching them that there is more to this life than simply living for ourselves. I want them to see that investing in family and others is great way to serve each other.

my wife wanted me to throw this in....she thinks he is cute
Oh wow, good times. Thanks for clarifying.