CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Donald Clarkson

Profile:
Lumberjack Memorial Hero WOd and Fundraiser

Fellow CrossFitters,

I know there is a lot going on right now with the holidays approaching. But I am asking you to please get the word out and ask people to donate. There are 19 kids who will not be having Christmas with one of their parents this year and we have 4 members of our CrossFit community that are no longer with us.

When I look at all I have going on in my life, it seems pretty trivial compared to the suffering they are currently enduring. If we can raise money to help ensure these 19 kids get a good education and help them get the best start on life they can, we will be doing a great service to them and honoring the service of their parents.

At the end of the day, this is important, itís what sets this community apart from all others and itís what makes this community unique. So please take the time to contact friends, family and coworkers and ask them to donate. Truly, the effort on our part is minimal but the impact for these children is significant.

Thank you,

Don Clarkson

http://www.crossfitbelair.com/
Old 12-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Joshua Murphy

Profile:
Re: Lumberjack Memorial Hero WOd and Fundraiser

Don,

Thank you for posting this. Here is the link to donate http://www.cflumberjack.org/ (WFS). It takes less than two minutes and you don't even have to register.

I have seen a lot of people comment that the are doing the WOD this Saturday. That is awesome, but it is not enough. If you are doing the WOD, donate $20 as well - for the Lumberjack 20. Better yet, use the next two days and get get 20 friends to donate $20. What does it take to send a few emails?

We can make a real difference for the kids of the fallen, our fallen. It's time to show them how much the CrossFit Community cares.

Josh

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Barry Cooper

Profile:

I just did this workout, since I can't do it tomorrow. For large groups, I am going to make a programming suggestion. Treat it as a round robin, and put two people per station. Start one group at Station 1, a second at Station 2, etc. and have everyone switch around until all seven events are covered.

You have one person run, while the other is lifting, then vice versa. You can require everyone to be done before moving on. To make things more even, you could pair fast people with slow people. This is intended more as a display of solidarity than virtuosity, in my view, so that would be fair. You could also pair fast people with fast people, and keep a running total of their split times, with the winner being the lowest total time. That would make this the equivalent of intervals.

This approach allows 14 people to be in rotation at the same time with one set of equipment.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
Steve Rakow

Profile:

To add to Barry's programming note, we're experiencing really bad weather today. Running in the rain hasn't really bothered me much, but when you get 20 people running in the rain and then going in and out of the gym, wet floors and wet bars and boxes make for a bad combo (think ORM here to avoid injury). Anyway, we're going to sub rowing for running today and keep everyone indoors. Coupled with the round-robin format Barry suggested, we'll end up with something that covers all the movements. Depending on how the numbers fall in each class, we may just go straight through in heats and do this as a "wet" (rower) Lumberjack 20.