CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-16-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
Jason Steele

Profile:
Okay, I've had some major equipment envy (gym equipment, keep your mind out of the gutter). At my wife's "advise" I've narrowed my list down to two things for the ol' home gym. One: GHD, Two: C2 rower. I've got some plans for a homemade GHD, so I will wait on that one. I have spent the last month or so pricing/ stalking C2's on the net (model B and up). Seeing as how I live in BFE (just down the road from Arden) I can't locate any here or the surrounding areas (Richmond, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc) using Ebay, Craigslist or good ol' Google. What I need are some suggestions for getting one at a decent price (i.e. as cheap as possible). Short of selling a kidney or my kids, does anyone have some ideas?
Old 02-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
Will Nuse

Profile:
I'm in the same boat. I thought I had two leads for C2 but both of them fizzled on me. Maybe one of the folks with a ton of stuff will sell us a hand-me-down C2... :lol:

I think this may be the next piece of gear I get because the base gym has gone from two C2s to one because they didn't know they could replace the top rail surface; the "broken" rower is already in San Antonio so I can't help them fix it; they don't have the money to buy another; and there tends to be someone using it when I want to at the gym.

I've tried putting up a wanted ad on Craigslist (no responses so far), and I think I'm either going to suck it up and get one on eBay or call around to the gyms in town and see if they have any old ones they were planning on replacing anyway.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Jason Steele

Profile:
Yeah, I tried the gym idea as well, I might as well have gone in there speaking Swahili (rower? We got ellipticals!). Man I would take a box of C2 parts and build one if I could get them!
Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Bruce Kocher

Profile:
Row 2k classifieds have a bunch of machines for sale. I didn't look at every ad but there looked like some decent deals. I have no association with any of the sellers and cannot speak to their integrity. Row 2k is one of the main web sites for the US rowing community (WFS). http://www.row2k.com/classifieds/classifieds.pl

Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Jason Steele

Profile:
Thanks for the site Bruce, you are a gentleman and a scholar!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
Bill Russell

Profile:
Great link Bruce. I'll buy the first C or D I find in the northeast Ohio area.

BR
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
Dan Ensing

Profile:
Jason,

I'd be interested in your plans for the GHD. Did you order them or engineer it on your own? Just curious as this is the last piece I want to ad to my home gym. Thanks!

Dan
Old 02-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
Thanks for the link Bruce! Awesome. I had just learned that CRASH B was next weekend and was thinking about going but I might be able to find some cheaper options.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:29 AM   #9
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Jason;
Many times after a Crash, they sell some of the C2's as they order in extra. You can also pre order if the race organizers are offering that option. Pittsburgh just had their Crash, I was able to order a new C2 PM3 for 800. Saved 50 of base price and 40 for freight, as it's normally 890 ish delivered. Only catch, they get to use the C2 for the Crash, you pick it up afterwards, so it is used, but just for the day. Mine didn't have a scratch and it is OOOOO so sweet, hence that is why it's sitting in my living room and not basement.

Jay
Old 02-18-2007, 07:01 AM   #10
Matt Thacker

Profile:
Jason,

Keep searching. I picked one up last week on Craigslist Raleigh for $60. You just have to monitor the list and be responsive. C2's usually stay on Craiglist for hours before they are sold, .

Happy Hunting,

Matt