|07-28-2004, 04:09 PM||#1|
I've heard some definitions from Coach. However, I'm curious as to what other people think make something Crossfit.
For me, Crossfit starts with an attitude. The attitude is a combination of the following:
1) Thrive on challenge, newness and variety
2) Determination to push my body as far as I can and then some more
4) Exercise, especially high intensity exercise is fun
5) Better performance is always possible and within my reach
The workouts are workouts that are
1) Functional movements ie pushing, pulling, squating, lunging, hip extension, throwing (with shoulder roll - rarely trained by most people), twisting, curling, extending
2) high intensity
3) Demand total effort
4) Simplex and minimalist
5) Generally require either explosive movements or high body tension.
6) Usually made up of 1-3 exercises done for rounds and time. Time is great for creating intensity.
7) Involves the whole body
8) Exercises tend to emphasize instability, and whole body involvement
|07-28-2004, 05:26 PM||#2|
9) Competition- The participants strive to achieve the best possible time, load or combination of both.
10) Exercises tend to involve gross motor recruitment patterns, utilize efficient lines of action and permit the greatest possible load.
11) Simple tools provide realistic stimuli and an adaptable workout environment.
|07-29-2004, 09:09 AM||#3|
Untrained, uncordinated muscle is usless meat, and will just slow you down.
True strength is the child of practice and determination.
Your most important opponent is yourself of yesturday.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Our 3-1/2 yr old makes up a WOD||Rene Renteria||Community||5||04-27-2007 10:51 PM|
|Practice Makes Perfect or No?||Kristopher Shelton||Fitness||4||04-13-2007 12:58 PM|
|"That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stranger"||Michael Homburger||Fitness||8||03-22-2006 02:37 PM|
|Olympic Bar makes WOD easier!||Larry Lindenman||Equipment||4||06-14-2004 09:12 AM|