CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Michael Blazek

Profile:
10 days in the Zone - Should I change things?

Frist Sorry for the long post

So I've been in the zone or at least my conception of the what being in the zone is for 10 days now. My wieght has not gone down, but I feel better and my workouts I feel stronger. My gut seems to be going down but the scale is not!!

I know its only been 10 days - but I like to see some results because I have a long way to go!

I am Male - 25 years old Today! Happy B-day to me! 6' tall 260 lbs.

On my first month of CF i was 278lbs and was on low carb diet. Due to things I have read and just feeling lazy and tired all day I decided to go to the zone. I love it but just not seeing results yet. ( I know its early)

Here is what I figured - 19 blocks (large male) 5-5-2-5-2

Here is my average zone day:

Breakfast:
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups milk
1 scope protein powder
15 cashews

Lunch:
1 piece whole wheat bread
5 oz canned turkey
5 tbs light mayo
small amount of green onion
1 orange
1 apple

Snack:
1 orange
6 cashews
2 oz lunch meat ( turkey)

Dinner:
1 piece whole wheat bread
7 oz canned salmon
5 tbs light mayo
small amount of green onion
1 orange
1 apple

snack:
2 cups greenbeans
6 cashews
2 oz lunch meat ( turkey)

Typically I only eat bread on Tuesdays and Thursdays sometimes fridays but if I do its only one Slice.

I try to fit in 8 bottles of water ( I refill - my bottle GO GREEN!)

If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them. I am not giving up on this but I would love to see some weight loss. I mean I have a ton to lose and this is the healthiest I have eaten in over 7 years. Its hard work for me right now - just want to know if I need to change things or not.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
Laura Kurth

Profile:
Re: 10 days in the Zone - Should I change things?

holy fruit intake!! I would cut that fruit intake for one, I mean you are eating a LOT of fruit here.

Maybe you don't need 19 blocks.

Have you put this in fitday?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Michael Blazek

Profile:

I have not put it into fitday yet.

As for the fruit - I know I consume a lot of fruit, but I only do this 2 days a week, the rest of the days I have at least one meal with no fruit, and try to eat veggies with every meal..
Old 05-22-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Tom Woodward

Profile:

I've found that eating only solid food really helps the fat come off. I would ditch the shake in the morning go with some eggs and maybe a grapefruit or broccoli if you can stand it.

Instead of the deli meat (which gets expensive and is quite preserved), get a bunch of grass fed chicken and bake it twice a week with salt pepper and basil then stick it in the fridge. Pull it out for a snack or mix with the eggs in the morning. Go with olive oil instead of nuts.

You're doing great so far. Remember, you can only lose about a pound or two per week without losing muscle, so don't drop the weight too fast. Keep it up!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Chris Walls

Profile:

Also, don't be too concerned with the number on the scale. You said you gut is shrinking, you're full of energy, feel strong and your workouts are improving... I'd say keep on doing what you're doing and be patient. I'm guessing it took more then 10 days to get where you are now, why should it take any less to get back from there?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
Michael Blazek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woodward View Post
I've found that eating only solid food really helps the fat come off. I would ditch the shake in the morning go with some eggs and maybe a grapefruit or broccoli if you can stand it.

Instead of the deli meat (which gets expensive and is quite preserved), get a bunch of grass fed chicken and bake it twice a week with salt pepper and basil then stick it in the fridge. Pull it out for a snack or mix with the eggs in the morning. Go with olive oil instead of nuts.

You're doing great so far. Remember, you can only lose about a pound or two per week without losing muscle, so don't drop the weight too fast. Keep it up!
Thanks for the advice. I guess the shake has just been easier to force down. I am not hungery in the mornings.. But I will cut back.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #7
Michael Blazek

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Walls View Post
Also, don't be too concerned with the number on the scale. You said you gut is shrinking, you're full of energy, feel strong and your workouts are improving... I'd say keep on doing what you're doing and be patient. I'm guessing it took more then 10 days to get where you are now, why should it take any less to get back from there?
Thanks for the advice - I shouldn't worry about the scale, but its hard not to when its all I have ever worried about. I will keep pushing...