CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #711
Alex McRobie

Profile:
Re: CFSB - Ask your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
I believe I have stated this somewhere before. I had a 4:00 Diane and a sub 3:00 Fran with a max deadlift of about 300 and front squat of about 165-175. Absolute strength is not necessarily a great indicator of muscular endurance.
your a monster

.....i mean that in the nicest possible way
Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #712
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

Is there a site that adds a daily strength component to the mainsite WODs to in essence create a CFSB WOD? The guys that I work out with here in Iraq are partial to the mainsite WODs, but it would be nice add in some complementary daily strength work. Something that would not take away from the intended effort of the mainsite programming, but allow for additional strength gains.

Thanks
Old 12-24-2009, 12:34 AM   #713
Marcus Allen

Profile:

You can try to add 3x3's of the big lifts. I would shoot for doing one lift at the start of each 3 day rotation.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #714
Darrell E. White

Profile:

Bryan,

Couple of options. If you stay a week behind the Main Page WOD's you can simply choose the days to add strength work without fear of doing, say, front squats the day before Coach throws out Front Squats 1-10-1-20-1-30. Choose how many strength days you wish to get in per week and layer them onto the MP WOD. Just lift the CFSB protocol straight out of the article and do it straight, doing it before the MP met-con or instead of the MP strength WOD.

If you stay "on calendar" it's a little tougher, and I would respectfully disagree with Marcus and do your strength on the THIRD day of the cycle, just before the Rest Day. Choose 3 or 4 movements for strength and cycle them, again lifting straight off of the article for rep schemes. This will get you 2 strength WOD's per week and prevent you from doing the same movement heavy two days in a row.

Best of luck.

--bingo
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #715
Peter Evans

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Martin View Post
Arturo,
I believe I have stated this somewhere before. I had a 4:00 Diane and a sub 3:00 Fran with a max deadlift of about 300 and front squat of about 165-175. Absolute strength is not necessarily a great indicator of muscular endurance.

If you were interested in improved WOD times and not fussed about max strength...

Is it possible to focus on the High reps sets and drop the low rep strength sets e.g DL Diane, thruster Fran etc ?

And as anyone tried this?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #716
Marcus Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell E. White View Post
If you stay "on calendar" it's a little tougher, and I would respectfully disagree with Marcus and do your strength on the THIRD day of the cycle, just before the Rest Day. Choose 3 or 4 movements for strength and cycle them, again lifting straight off of the article for rep schemes. This will get you 2 strength WOD's per week and prevent you from doing the same movement heavy two days in a row.

Best of luck.

--bingo

I always just found that I made better gains doing heavy sets well rested. I could fight through the other stuff better. FOR ME, lifting heavy at the end of a three day was just a recipe for trouble. IE not being able to walk the next day.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #717
Darrell E. White

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Evans View Post
If you were interested in improved WOD times and not fussed about max strength...

Is it possible to focus on the High reps sets and drop the low rep strength sets e.g DL Diane, thruster Fran etc ?

And as anyone tried this?
Peter, there is an experiment looking at high rep sets without doing the max rep sets now ongoing with the Crash Test Dummies. A couple of folks are kinda looking at this as a way to layer CFSB onto the MP WOD. We'll let you know how it goes.

--bingo
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #718
Xavier Berges

Profile:

Can you guys please evaluate my rutine:

Monday:
Bench Press
ME x3 or x5

Bench Press
1/2 ME x20

HIIT

Tuesday:
Deadlift
ME x3 or x5

Deadlift
1/2 ME x20

1/2 Fran

Thursday:
Squat
ME x3 or x5

Squat
1/2 ME x20

1/2 BB complex

Friday:
Weighted Pull Up
ME x3 or x5

Weighted Pull Up
1/2 ME x20

2 or 3 rounds FGB

With this I try to improve the areas Im most weak at, and do metcons and be in good shape. Please let me know what you guys think.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #719
Bryan Smith

Profile:

Hi, I have a CFSB maintenance question... I am currently in week three of the program after doing the ramp up pre-work. I am doing it like the article suggests. Work is going to pick up in January and February and I will be out of town for five weeks without time/easy access to a real squat cage/barbell (not sure what the hotel has, but all bets are off). I will have access to my garage Thursday night, Friday and Saturday of the weeks I will be out of town.

So my question is, what would be a good program to maintain/gain for the weeks I will be out? I am thinking Squat Thursday night, Deads and Press w/ both high rep schemes Friday, and Front-squat/high rep Squat Saturday. And if time permits throw in two crisp body-weight metcons when I am out of town. After things get back to normal in March, I plan on continuing where I left off in the program until I reach my goals for these lifts, then I will get back to more of a main-site programing 3-1, 2-1 format.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #720
Stu Christensen

Profile:

I have searched but can't find what I'm looking for. There are a couple of choice affiliates doing SB programming - I remember seeing them before but can't find them now....anyone have any favorite links to affiliate pages?