CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
Rodrigo Go

Profile:
Tips for a new box

Hey everyone, we're a new box out of Cagayan de Oro in the southern Philippines. I'm sure i'll have a ton of questions as we go but one that's been bugging me since last night is how to go about free trials. Right now, we're doing them Tuesdays and thursdays at 9am. It's working so far because we're the first and only box here but I'm curious how other boxes go about it. I'm trying to understand how it would work 6 months to a year down the road. Do you allow people to drop in and try at anytime of the day or do you keep set times throughout the day to accommodate them?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Michael Stoll

Profile:
Re: Tips for a new box

If they're CrossFitters looking to try out a new box, we let them drop in 1-2 times on any scheduled class they want. If they like us and want to join, they do a test-out of our fundamentals for $25.

If they've never done CrossFit, we funnel them into a Saturday 10:30AM free WOD that's scaled / designed appropriately for beginners. It gives them a taste of CrossFit (make sure you use some of your equipment; bodyweight only stuff doesn't emphasize the importance of being a member of your box) while keeping it within their comfort zone. If they like us and want to join, they do fundamentals classes ($250 for 4 classes and a month's membership).
Old 01-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
Rodrigo Go

Profile:
Re: Tips for a new box

Thanks so much! The tip on having beginners use equipment makes perfect sense. Moving forward, I think the single saturday beginners-/intro class would work as well.