CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Chris Aitken

Profile:
CrossFit Catonsville is Hiring a Yoga Instructor - Advice and/or Applicants Please!

Howdy ho, all!

We're expanding our programs offered to include Yoga. I think our members will get a lot out of the flexibility/mobility work.

For those of you who have added yoga in the past to an existing box, I would love to hear your opinions on hiring the right staff, adding classes, and getting member buy-in.

For those of you located in our area (Catonsville/Halethorpe, MD) and who might be interested in teaching Yoga classes, send me a PM and we can talk!

Thanks all!

Chris
Old 10-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
Adam Morden

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Catonsville is Hiring a Yoga Instructor - Advice and/or Applicants Please!

From my experience it is critical that you get someone who also buys into CrossFit, and attends your box as well. that way they can customize their program to complement yours. It could be a membership trade to start.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Brian Diez

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Catonsville is Hiring a Yoga Instructor - Advice and/or Applicants Please!

I started by trading a yoga instructor free WODs for 1 class a week. We did Sundays at 10AM.

This cost me nothing and showed that the class had interest before I committed.