CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #41
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:
Re: Breakfast

How to cook scrambled eggs courtesy of Ian Fleming. The final step is optional.

For four individualists:
12 fresh eggs
Salt and pepper
5-6 oz. of fresh butter.

Break the eggs into a bowl. Beat thoroughly with a fork and season well. In a small copper (or heavy bottomed saucepan) melt four oz. of the butter. When melted, pour in the eggs and cook over a very low heat, whisking continuously with a small egg whisk.

While the eggs are slightly more moist than you would wish for eating, remove the pan from heat, add rest of butter and continue whisking for half a minute, adding the while finely chopped chives or fines herbes.

Serve on hot buttered toast in individual copper dishes (for appearance only) with pink champagne (Taittinger) and low music.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #42
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian LaFonte View Post
taste and texture. feel like rubber and taste just as bad. if you can hide the egg from me, i'll eat it. same with sour cream. can't stand it, unless it is hidden.

I have not tried quiches/fritattas. i'd be willing to, but i would have to talk my wife into it, as she is a much better cook than me. She would need to teach me. I'll look into it.

oh, and i remembered one way i will eat an egg - boiled, covered in Ranch, which completely ruins them.
word. totally understandable. look into the quiches...just make sure the wife puts a whole lot of extra crap in there to hide the egg.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #43
Cory Osborne

Profile:

Mark, I don't see where I put words in your mouth, but ok.

I don't know if you knew this but we can see who the post is sent from eliminating the need to sign, "-Mark", at the end of your posts. Hope that helps!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #44
Christie Warner

Profile:

Quote:
omlets have one ingredient that is just down right awful - EGGS!!!
Yeah, I don't think many people actually go back to read your original post for the thread....unfortunately.

Here's another recipe that I love, but it involves bananas. I am not a STRICT paleo person myself, but you may be. If so, graze over this. Though, the bananas are so intertwined with other macronutrients that I doubt the sugar content is much of an issue...

w/f/s http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/
These are STELLAR with blueberries on the side with agave nectar for pancake syrup...mmmmm

Also, ignore the egg recipes on this at the beginning, but there are others that do not involve eggs.

w/f/s http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...ple-on-the-go/
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #45
Brian LaFonte

Profile:

i'm sorta paleo, but not really. i am of the 90 - 10 idea - 90% meals healthy, 10% not so healthy. Stick to un-processed stuff - meats, veggies, fruit.

my wife eats better than i do, but i work out better than she does. it is an interesting experiment working in our house. We are both improving on our weaker areas.

thank you for the links. those will be good on the weekends.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #46
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Osborne View Post
Mark, I don't see where I put words in your mouth, but ok.
Given how worthless the below piece of "advice" is, I can see how you also might not be able to see how weak your jab at me was. Next time, come in with something other than a rubber band gun if you're going to take a shot at me.

Quote:
I don't know if you knew this but we can see who the post is sent from eliminating the need to sign, "-Mark", at the end of your posts. Hope that helps!
It doesn't help whatsoever.

- Mark
- Mark
- Mark
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #47
Nick Skirvin

Profile:

Quote:
oh, and i remembered one way i will eat an egg - boiled, covered in Ranch, which completely ruins them.
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. ) Ranch on eggs? You must have been blessed with some very interesting taste buds.

If you can't stomach eggs, don't eat them. Want meat with breakfast? As others have said, just have dinner for breakfast. Do yourself a favor...when you make dinner, make enough for leftovers. There's your breakfast! Or if you have the time in the morning you can cook yourself something. To be honest, we all have time in the morning...we just tend to steal from it and give it to the previous night.

I really hate the concept of a typical breakfast...or at least what I was shown growing up. It's all bread! Maybe a little fruit and milk, too. My wife thinks I'm crazy if I eat a steak for breakfast. Well, honey, why do you think I grilled a couple extra last night?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #48
Ian Nigh

Profile:

OR why not just eliminate breakfast entirely?

http://www.fast-5.com/ (FWS)

There are lots of other IF protocols too, and Robb Wolf has a bunch of info too. All of it points to the fact that cutting out breakfast entirely is not a bad idea at all, as long as you make sure to get adequate sleep and nutrition when you do eat.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #49
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Primal Breakfast For People on the Go

Paleo Mama Breakfast stuff

Old… OLD World Waffles

Paleo Plan recipes

All links WFS
Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #50
Michael Dries

Profile:

To the OP: I've gotten plenty of weird looks from my neighbors for grilling up steak or burgers at 7am. Breakfast != eggs and bacon only.