CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #31
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie Lawson View Post
I've had a salad with leftover meat before in the AM if I am not feeling the eggs deal. Other times, making a shake with 1 cup water, some strawberries + blueberries, a pinch of agave nectar and scoop of whey protein with some bacon on the side is gooooood. I bet if you search robb wolf's site and mark's daily apple you can find some breakfast recipes that have alternative breakfast choices.
Salad for breakfast? I just can't do veggies first thing in the morning. I don't know what it is but I need some sort of meat or fruit. Maybe it's my overall hatred of vegetables and the fact that I force myself to eat them at other times of the day so I can't force myself when I'm dog tired and cranky.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #32
Christie Warner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Salad for breakfast? I just can't do veggies first thing in the morning. I don't know what it is but I need some sort of meat or fruit. Maybe it's my overall hatred of vegetables and the fact that I force myself to eat them at other times of the day so I can't force myself when I'm dog tired and cranky.
I love salad and meat, but I had never had it for breakfast before until I went all primal. It's definitely something I needed to adjust to, though!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
I just can't do veggies first thing in the morning. I don't know what it is but I need some sort of meat or fruit.
I'm with ya on the salad for breakfast thing. Makes no sense to me.

BUT, answer for the general "veggies for breakfast thing." >>> Omelettes. Throw whatever meat and/or veggies you want in there. I'm still adjusting to a plain ol' portion of veggies with my breakfast, but tossing `em into an omelette totally works for me.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #34
Cory Osborne

Profile:

Whoa now Mark, if veggies in the morning work for some people then they are entitled to their opinion of what works for them. No need to say it makes no sense.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #35
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Osborne View Post

Whoa now Mark, if veggies in the morning work for some people then they are entitled to their opinion of what works for them. No need to say it makes no sense.
I hope there was supposed to be smiley next to that. I certainly didn't say that it shouldn't be done just because it makes no sense to me. If you were trying to head in that direction, kindly stop putting words in my mouth and take your barbs elsewhere.

I'm entirely entitled to comment on what makes no sense to me. What I'm not entitled to do is tell others that they shouldn't do what makes perfect sense to them. I've made no attempt to do so, and you know it.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #36
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
I'm with ya on the salad for breakfast thing. Makes no sense to me.

BUT, answer for the general "veggies for breakfast thing." >>> Omelettes. Throw whatever meat and/or veggies you want in there. I'm still adjusting to a plain ol' portion of veggies with my breakfast, but tossing `em into an omelette totally works for me.
I suck at cooking omelettes. I need to learn though. That could definitely help.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #37
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
I suck at cooking omelettes. I need to learn though. That could definitely help.
Heck, even just scramble all of the stuff together. I'm no good with omelettes either, and thus most of my attempts usually end up being some weird sort of scramblette. As long as the meat & veggies end up in there somewhere, you're good to go.

- Mark
Old 02-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #38
Brian LaFonte

Profile:

omlets have one ingredient that is just down right awful - EGGS!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #39
Renee Lee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian LaFonte View Post
omlets have one ingredient that is just down right awful - EGGS!!!
curious, why the distaste for eggs? is it a texture thing or a taste thing? you said you've tried them a bunch of ways and still can't stomach them...which sounds like taste?

have you tried quiches/fritattas? you can fill those things with so much stuff to get over the eggy taste and aren't very eggy in texture either

Last edited by Renee Lee; 02-18-2010 at 06:44 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #40
Brian LaFonte

Profile:

taste and texture. feel like rubber and taste just as bad. if you can hide the egg from me, i'll eat it. same with sour cream. can't stand it, unless it is hidden.

I have not tried quiches/fritattas. i'd be willing to, but i would have to talk my wife into it, as she is a much better cook than me. She would need to teach me. I'll look into it.

oh, and i remembered one way i will eat an egg - boiled, covered in Ranch, which completely ruins them.