CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
E B

Profile:

Norwegian Ranger style - Grensejeger Brandsås' workoutlog

I suppose I should write a bit about how I stand, about my self and stuff in this workout log, so here goes:

Info/Biography:
I'm 19 years old, have for pretty much my life been living a fairly healthy life, playing football, basketball, cross-country skiing, snowboard, slalom, taekwondo. But when I was 18 years I got myself a membership at my local Nautilus gym, and followed that routine for almost a year or something. With extremely little results, both due to the program and me not living and eating right. Then I had a period on a 'muscle gaining' program, gained a lot of strength and started doing good exercises like shoulderpresses, squats and deadlifts. Then I somehow got started on Crossfit, and got hooked.

I started crossfit about 4-5 months before I joined/got enrolled into the Norwegian Army. With that I had something to go for, so I worked really hard, and was without doubt one of the best fit in my troop (ca 80 people). 26th July this was my test results:
3km: 11:02
Pullups: 16
Pushups: 27
Situps: 67

This overral placed me at the upper 10 in all except pushups.

After 6 weeks with FYFO (Fysisk fostring, or Physical Strengthening) 5 days a week I had the following results:
3km: 11:04
Pullups:12
Pushups:33
Situps:58.

I actually got in worse shape after I joined the army. I blame it on incompetent officers. Anyways, after 5 more months without FYFO I am now in a much, much worse shape. Probibly the worst shape in a year or two. So thats a bit for how I'm doing right now.

Goals:
  1. Chief goal:
  2. Qualify for the 2009 crossfit games.
  3. Underlying goals:
  4. Crossfit for 6 consecutive months
  5. Gain 3kgs og muscle mass
  6. Run 3km in less than 10 minutes
  7. 10 consecutive HSPU
  8. 100 consecutive pushups
  9. 30 consecutive pullups
  10. Squat 2x BW
  11. Deadlift 2x BW
  12. Shoulderpress 1x BW

Why:
There's really only two motifs. One is that I generally am way better at doing stuff when I have a feeling people expect me to do it and secondly it's much easier to motivate yourself and results improve if you write down your goals and keep track of statistics.

This to come:
Pics! We all love them!
Results, statistics and so on.

If there's anything you want to ask about, if it's related to me, politics, why there's war in the world, crossfit, this workout log or norwegian military, please ask. And any tips, hints and usefull information is much appreciated!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
E B

Profile:

Re: Norwegian Ranger style - Grensejeger Brandsås' workoutlog

Well, I finally got started on crossfit again, what a wonderfull experience.

Figured I'd start a little bit easy, so subbed a bit:

1 round of CFWU
40kg Power clean 15 reps
30 dips
40kg Power clean 12 reps
24 dips
40kg Power clean 9 reps
18 dips
40kg Power clean 6 reps
12 dips
40kg Power clean 3 reps
6 dips

Time: 22:59

This was rather tough, but the dips went far better than I thought they would.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Keith Walker

Profile:
Re: Norwegian Ranger style - Grensejeger Brandsås' workoutlog

Hello and welcome to the CF boards.

This is a great place to get support and have questions answered.

I looked over your goals and you sound very focused. That's great. CF is an excellent way to achieve the highest possible level of fitness. I think it is a great program.

Visit my log sometime and see how we all communicate and joke around. I am a good friend and work out partner with Christin, "A Soccer Mom's Log" whose log is by far the most popular and most visited, so feel free to post and visit anytime.

PS I have a lot of people ask me if I am Norwegian!

Keith Walker