CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #41
Corey Franklin

Profile:
Re: The Kettlebell King Issue

My Fiancee emailed Bert and notified him we called our credit card company to dispute the charges, he responded within 5 minutes and returned our money.
Apparently I was lied to again and our order shipping next week as it will not be shipping for awhile as they still are far from caught up on the Cyber Monday orders.

found them locally for the same price

Corey
Old 01-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
Jose Sanchez

Profile:

I ordered on Nov. 28, Cyber Monday. Recieved an email on the 27th of December, shipment has been picked up. Couldn't get an update until yesterday, not sure if it was my system or shipping company system not working. But this is what the ship status stated:

12/30/2011 9:02:47 AM Arrived at destination terminal
12/29/2011 11:30:41 PM Departed RENO, NV in route to destination terminal
12/29/2011 2:00:05 PM Departed SALT LAKE CITY, UT in route to RENO, NV
12/29/2011 8:34:38 AM Arrived at SALT LAKE CITY, UT
12/28/2011 4:23:16 AM Departed DALLAS, TX in route to SALT LAKE CITY, UT
12/28/2011 3:11:06 AM Arrived at DALLAS, TX
12/27/2011 9:03:29 PM Departed origin terminal in route to DALLAS, TX
12/27/2011 7:08:58 PM Arrived at origin terminal
12/27/2011 6:57:31 PM Picked Up in HOUSTON, TX

I'm hoping I should have it by Monday. I do not know what destination terminal means, but I have not recieved anything yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
Alex Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Sanchez View Post
I ordered on Nov. 28, Cyber Monday. Recieved an email on the 27th of December, shipment has been picked up. Couldn't get an update until yesterday, not sure if it was my system or shipping company system not working. But this is what the ship status stated:

12/30/2011 9:02:47 AM Arrived at destination terminal
12/29/2011 11:30:41 PM Departed RENO, NV in route to destination terminal
12/29/2011 2:00:05 PM Departed SALT LAKE CITY, UT in route to RENO, NV
12/29/2011 8:34:38 AM Arrived at SALT LAKE CITY, UT
12/28/2011 4:23:16 AM Departed DALLAS, TX in route to SALT LAKE CITY, UT
12/28/2011 3:11:06 AM Arrived at DALLAS, TX
12/27/2011 9:03:29 PM Departed origin terminal in route to DALLAS, TX
12/27/2011 7:08:58 PM Arrived at origin terminal
12/27/2011 6:57:31 PM Picked Up in HOUSTON, TX

I'm hoping I should have it by Monday. I do not know what destination terminal means, but I have not recieved anything yet.
The "destination terminal" is the freight company's hub that serves your area, from which the next step is delivering to you. Freight shipments to a residence generally require an appointment and once the shipment arrives at the destination terminal, they then call you to set up a time window for delivery. If you have not received that call, I would call them ASAP with your tracking number and get it set up. I am not sure how long they hold packages at the destination terminal before returning to sender... If they have not called you, they most likely were not given your number or were given an incorrect number.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #44
Jose Sanchez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Keller View Post
The "destination terminal" is the freight company's hub that serves your area, from which the next step is delivering to you. Freight shipments to a residence generally require an appointment and once the shipment arrives at the destination terminal, they then call you to set up a time window for delivery. If you have not received that call, I would call them ASAP with your tracking number and get it set up. I am not sure how long they hold packages at the destination terminal before returning to sender... If they have not called you, they most likely were not given your number or were given an incorrect number.
Thanks for the info. It is being delivered to the gym I work at. Called them today and spoke with dispatch, it will be here Monday.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #45
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Received all my equipment this past Wednesday. I wasn't entirely happy the driver didn't call me first to let me know he was coming(they are supposed to contact you before they arrive). Regardless, the equipment arrived in tip top shape, and all kettlebells were brand new as stated.

Again, great pricing and products, but Bert really needs to change his suppliers if he wants his business to thrive. Apparently, the Houston supplier was shut down, and everything was coming from New Jersey. Hence, that caused all the waiting time and frustration for those that ordered on Cyber Monday.

And for those of you whose orders have arrived, make sure you call the shipping service. They received the order on the 6th, didn't call me till the 10th to schedule an appointment(which I told the person I already had one scheduled for Wedensday).

Last edited by Aaron Gainer; 01-15-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #46
Christian Flores

Profile:

Very frustrating ordering from here. Ordered some bumpers and waited for 3 weeks without any communication stating they were backordered. Finally I just decided to cancel the order and get a refund. They processed my refund electronically but I did not see any funds come in until a week and a half later, which was strange.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #47
Tyler Sullivan

Profile:

I've ordered from lots of CrossFit equipment suppliers, and by far they are the worst in terms of customer service and general experience. I ordered a large set of kettlebells (their specialty I assumed given the name) and didn't even get a confirmation email. So I called about a week later and they said the order never went through...even though I got the charge on my card. Whatever, so I order again and about a month later still no equipment. I call them, again, and they said the supplier was out. No notification, email, call etc. 6-7 weeks after the order, I finally got them. Pathetic. Stay away from the lure of low prices as you are not dealing with basic business etiquette over there. Rogue and AF are legit and won't go anywhere else anymore. Thumbs down for KB King.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #48
Nalin Prabhu

Profile:

You guys should file reports with the better business bureau...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #49
David Kiesling

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin Prabhu View Post
You guys should file reports with the better business bureau...
The BBB is a private company with voluntary membership. In this case there's no indication on Kettlebell King's site that they are a member of the BBB. My company isn't a member either. But being as this thread is the third search result when you google kettlebell king, I think you guys successfully got your point across. Online forums today are so much more effective than the BBB.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #50
Matt Davies

Profile:

I have NEVER used the BBB......ever! I'll do that just after I get out my Yellow Pages to find a business or service.

I wouldn't waste a moment reporting to the BBB, they've very rapidly become irrelevantnot really relevant anymore.

I would try and resolve my issue with the company in question. Failing that I would proceed to the interwebz to slag them on a forum or review site.