CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #31
Michael Petersen

Profile:
Re: The Kettlebell King Issue

I bought a VTX colored plate set from Bert earlier this year. My plates arrived within 10 business days. I've been super happy with the plates and the price I paid was far beneath what anyone else was offering for anything remotely similar.

Just figured I'd chip in with a positive experience...human condition usually has us complaining loudly, but complimenting quietly.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #32
Corey Franklin

Profile:

Figured I would join the party with our experience with Bert.
My fiance wanted to surprise us for Christmas and order us some kettlbells for our affiliate, she shopped and compared and found what looked to be a good deal via kettlebell king.
she ordered 6 kettlebells shipped to Michigan on the 11th of December.
fast forward to the 23rd when she received the first and only communication from them stating she chose the wrong shipping and she had to pay more.

she then spent the next 6 days trying to reach Bert via email and phone.
4 phone calls and 3 emails went unanswered.....on the 5th she reached someone when and said "oh Bert is right here hold on"

My girl has received nothing but excuses and sub par customer service from them thus far, I will update when it finally shows...hopefully by next Christmas.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
Brian Flynn

Profile:

If you are going to buy Troy kettlebells and I have two of them they are great. You can get them online from Abe's of Maine as well as EBay through CSN. You will not pay any shipping. I got 2, 70lb. Troy bells for under $100 apiece.

Bert has a nice website, but it sounds like he has been the King of Pain lately.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #34
Neil Kanterman

Profile:

My Troy VTX bumpers ordered from TKK on black Friday, just arrived today.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
Dusty Bratton

Profile:

I placed an order on Black Friday and finally received the shipment yesterday. Great quality products but customer service left a lot to be desired.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #36
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Order is still not here and its over a month later. If I get nothing today or tomorrow, I will be livid!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #37
Greg Light

Profile:

This type of service is ridiculous. With so many options out there I can't believe someone would treat their customers (and potential referral sources) like this.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #38
Corey Franklin

Profile:

Today's update.
Was told by person on phone last week it would be shipping out this week and that we would get a tracking number, as of today nothing!
I called a few moments ago and asked for Bert...no dice talked to Carter.
Carter was very friendly and considering he probably gets crapped on by angry customers all day was chipper.
he told me the same thing as last week, it should ship next week. That puts the order at one month and nothing.

I called back to cancel the order, nope cant do that either as that has to be processed via Bert.

Bert still hasn't responded from the first line of phone calls or emails before christmas, so I wont hold my breath.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #39
Bryan Rowland

Profile:

If you want to cancel you can always call your credit card company or your bank and tell them to refuse payment.

I did order from TKK back in the end of July got my order about 36 or so days later. I had gotten everything in separate orders. I had received everything besides my bar. Called Bert told him I would even pay the $10 shipping to get him to send out from his store instead of from Troy or who ever his supplier is. My squat stand came with a broke piece in which I was told I would receive another in the mail when I spoke with them in September. I still have yet to receive that piece. I did however get an extra that arrived with my GHD a few days prior. I have wright equipment It was the screw on piece.

I do have some gear from Rogue and everything from them arrived without a issue on a timely basis. I will put all my business to rogue from hear on out. Seeing my troy bar is already bent I think I may be calling Rogue in a few weeks.

The TKK does need to find a better supplier for their equipment if they plan on staying in for the long run. From the looks at this post their are many of us out their and it only takes a Google search for a companies reputation to be found out.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Update: Called him about a couple days ago and he said my order should be here either end of this week or start of next week. Gave me a tracking # the same day I called, and nothing was up. I had a random missed call today, and it just so happened to be RL Carriers, but they left me no message. I tracked the shipment again, and its arrived at the destination terminal. So will see what happens in these next few days.