CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:
Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Hi everyone,
I decided 7/7 was a good day to begin tracking my crossfit progress. I was a litttle hesitant at first because I have such a very long way to go. But, I figured there's no better way to truly see my progress than record it officially. Also, I love to hear feedback and interact with others who have same goals in mind.

Here's a little background info on me. I have lifted since I was about 15, so approximately 13 years. But, I have been doing the traditional bodybuilding/fitness splits and have really been plateaued for years. During the past year I did everything I knew of to shock my body into growing, changing, etc..But, no matter how many different exercises I tried it wasn't working. I was bored, frustrated, stuck with too much body fat and not enough muscle, and really starting to hate the gym. This is something I never thought would happen. I used to LOVE lifting.

Then, after a chance encounter with someone who does crossfit I began to look at serisouly giving it a try. I had looked at the site before and was amazed by the athletes, especially the women. But, I thought I could never possibly even get through the workouts. But, I found the scaled workouts and started doing crossfit about a week ago. I just added the crossfit endurance workouts yesterday. i've never sweated more in my life. I'm sore. I feel like I'm about to puke during almost every wokrout. I LOVE IT!

I hope to w/o at the Crossfit Affiliate GSX a few times a week if budget and time with allow. I can't wait until I can workout with a group. I am almost certain to make myself puke cause I can't stand to finish last!

My goals are to get hella strong and change my body fat to muscle ratio. I don't really care what the scales say.

Today's WOD:
Rest

Crossfit Endurance: Planned for later... will use rowing machine

3x of the following ladder. End with the 1 min rest before starting the next round.

20 sec on, 20 sec off, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 45 sec on ,45 sec off, 1 min on, 1 min off.

Last edited by Vanessa Sisson : 07-07-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #2
Ashley Hibbitts

Profile:
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Welcome Vanessa! My husband is from Midland Texas, and has lots of family in Fort Worth. I've been crossfitting since January and absolutely love it. I have a similar background as you and like these workouts SO much better than the ole body part split routine. I'm in the best shape ever. Then I read some of these logs and realize how far I can still go. Good luck and have fun!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Thanks Ashley. My husband has never been that into lifting or working out but is trying to do this with me. I hope he sticks with it. Do you think it helps a lot to have a spouse that works out with you?
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Jennifer Bland

Profile:

Being on the board has helped me get more and more motivation! I look forward to following your progress!

Jenn
Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Marie Poukalova

Profile:

Hey Vanessa, good luck on reaching your goals!

And power to you on not caring about the scale. I went in the same way...gained 10lbs in 3 months but didn't even change clothing size! (besides sports bras...went from an S to an M because of the muscle from all the pull ups!)
Old 07-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
Ashley Hibbitts

Profile:

vanessa- my husband isn't regular with crossfit yet either. But I love when we can do it together. I like him to see how much stronger I've gotten. And you will get stronger too! And your body profile will change. Muscle up, and fat down! And it takes half the time or less of the "old way" of working out. Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Hey, Vanessa!

Great goals. I like 'em. WELCOME! And I'll be reading!

Also, WOW. The things you could do with 13 years of Crossfit!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Just did the CF Endurance workout. I used the C2 and rowed a total of 3500 feet in about 15 minutes. I'm not sure if that's good or bad or what...

It was a ladder workout: 20 sec on, 20 sec off, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, 45 sec on ,45 sec off, 1 min on, 1 min off.

Hi Ashley,
Yep, my husband already backed ot of the workot today. We'll see if he goes tommorow. But, it is cool when I can beat him during the workouts!

Erin, God only knows how fit I would be with 13 years under my belt. But, better late then never. Plus, I suffered with a lot of eating disorder stuff in my younger days and I'm not sure cf wold have been possible for me then.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

WOD:

100 pullups: 3 unasssisted, 25 with blue band, 25 with purple band, 25 with 40 lb assist, 22 with 45 lb assist

100 pushups: 75 full (not with body to the ground though, just nose to the ground) 25 on knees

100 situps: 50 unanchored, 50 anchored

100 squats: unbroken sets-easiest part of the w/o for me

All other sets were broken.

Total time: 28:26

Later I'll do the CFE workout: 5k run

Whoohoo!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:06 AM   #10
Christin Street

Profile:

Way to work Angie! Esp working your way with the bands for PU assist! Great job!