CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Micah is on the department Swiftwater Rescue Team and Bob is on Search and Rescue. Bob trains with me and Micah trains using my workouts from my blog and/or from the CF website. Micah and Bob recently had to hike 6 miles over horrible terrain two days in a row to recover the bodies of a couple who fell into a fast moving river up in the Mt. Rainier area and drowned. Micah was in the water for over 5 hours setting safety lines, trying to pull the victims free of their fast water predicament and in any case fighting against the very fast moving and freezing snow melt river. Bob said that when Micah was done he changed clothes and took off on the walk out. Micah is studly fit. Micah said of Bob:

Micah has left a new comment on your post "Wednesday March 21, 2007":

Gene, Bob is fit! There were many people up there who were much younger than Bob that didn't do as much work or haul as much gear as Bob did. (This was a two day experience too!) Bob and I both worked and walked much quicker than the others. There were even a couple jokes made that our walk was like a Crossfit workout. It was recommended that we climb a tree and find a branch to do some pullups on too. (I bet we could have had we tried.)

Crossfit is for everyday life workouts!

The CF way is making it possible for people in many public service occupations more effective and capable to do their work.

Thank you Greg and Lauren.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Very cool Eug. For the warrior this is the physical training key. My search for the perfect knife, gun (added a Glock 27 for concealment purposes), holster (went from Kramer leather to Blackhawk CQC with Serpa lock, kind of cool), flashlight (added a Surefire E2D to the mix), shoes, jacket, watch (am digging my new Omega Diver's professional), will go on for a lifetime; My training program is locked in!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Good on ya, Eugene! Tell us your blog address again, please.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Larry, careful with that watch thing! Those suckers can be addictive. My next "target" (way out of my league right now) is the Kobold SMG-1 Tactical. Verrrry dangerous hobby.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Larry - I just happen to have your M.E.G. shirt on as I type this...thank you very much. Darrell is right, the collection of watches, knives, guns and lights can get to be crazy expensive. I have gun lockers and drawers full of all of those things.

Darrell, my blog is www.crossfitpc.blogspot.com. I post our workouts and times and have a list of the workouts I have come up with. I have a fairly obvious metcon tilt.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Eug:

As is also obvious from my posts here on the Board my personal goals lean hard to the met-con. Thanks for the blog address.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
Dennis Barrett

Profile:
Eugene, I like the blog. I wanted to print out the wod's. I hate to admit what a computor goob I am , but when I saw the black pages with the white letters, I thought "Man this is going to use a lot of ink!"
Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
Darrell E. White

Profile:
Did "the Ninja Mile" today. 29:03. Thanks, Eug!!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #9
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
I don't know how to post the Word document that comprises my menu so that you can access it in it's Word form. If anybody knows how to do that, or how to make it available to anyone who wants it please let me know. Until then I'll just send you guys an email and attach it.

Good work Darrell, lots of work with that one. Wait till you try "A Nice Run Ruined". Killer.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
We'll that's not going to work. I can't attach anything to the private message thing I get to from your avatars.

So here it is, have a ball. And as the T-shirt so proudly proclaims, it doesn't have to be fun to be fun.

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen : 10-02-2007 at 08:41 PM.