CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
Erik Reckdenwald

Profile:
I have been doing IF for a few months now and really like it. I eat 4x 4-block meals, so 16 blocks per day (2-3x fat). Generally, I eat my first meal at 9am and last meal around 5pm. Since my schedule is pretty busy (work, school, crossfit), I sometimes am unable to get to dinner until 9pm or later, which throws off my IF.

My question is, would it be more beneficial for me to skip dinner and keep the fast schedule going, or is it important to get that last meal in, even though it's late in the day. If I skip the meal, I would be getting 12 blocks versus the full 16 for the day and this would be similar to calorie restriction that Robb talked about on his CrossFitLive interview.

Eating all the meals in a shorter time-frame is possible, but then meal spacing would be much shorter than the normal 3-hour gap.

Some of this might be personal preference, but I wondered what the feelings were on this and if there were any possible benefits/problems to either way.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Erik-
I would not skip that last meal veryoften if at all depending upon your activity level. The key to the IF is to keep ones nutrition consistent with normal eating, just punctuated.

You might try shifting to 5 block meals (wholy gut buster batman!) on your busy days.
Robb
Old 11-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
Erik Reckdenwald

Profile:
Robb, thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do about shifting my times and blocks-per-meal where necessary. I've wondered how important it is to eat all your blocks most every day and this answers my questions.