CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
James R. Climer

Profile:
Re: Where are the pull up bars in your home town?

Paso Robles, CA :
  • Centennial Park has a par course w/ pullup station,
  • City Park you have to use the monkey bars (hand over hand
  • ladder thingy),
  • My garage,
  • Pifer Elementary has several playsets in playground and a parallel bar
    dealy-bob.
  • Finally, the high school track is next to the school's S&C weight room where there is usually 2 really high heavy duty squat cages outside with pullups bars and 2 sets of all-steel parallel bars. Sweet.

All of these are within 5 -10 minutes drive of about 75 to 100 world-class winery tasting rooms and a Firestone brewery tasting room.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #22
Peter Pomponi

Profile:

Rinconada Park, Palo Alto.

Playground next to tennis courts: Swing set supports. Medium - Large diameter, very comfortable, good clearance for tall athletes.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Jim Brikman

Profile:

This thread has come in handy for me a couple times (including today for doing "Murph"), so I figure I'd add to it and see if it can be revived as a useful resource for others.

Columbia Park in Sunnyvale, CA: 400m non-oval dirt track with a pull-up bar set ~50m from the southeast corner. Sturdy, 4 bars of various heights.

Cubberley Community Center in Palo Alto, CA: oval dirt track nearby. It has been a while since I was there, but iirc, there were some pull-up bars in the northeast corner.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #24
Andrew Cochran

Profile:

Is there anyway that someone could save a google map with their list and then people could add to that? There are some close to my house that I could add.

Warsaw Indiana,
Boys and Girls Club of Kosciusko County
1042 N. Park Ave, Warsaw IN, 46580

They have a full workout station park, with 4 pullup bars made in a square each side being a different hieght.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #25
Jim Brikman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cochran View Post
Is there anyway that someone could save a google map with their list and then people could add to that? There are some close to my house that I could add.

Warsaw Indiana,
Boys and Girls Club of Kosciusko County
1042 N. Park Ave, Warsaw IN, 46580

They have a full workout station park, with 4 pullup bars made in a square each side being a different hieght.
Great idea!

I've created a Google Map of Pull-up Bars (w/f/s) that anyone should be able to edit. So far, I've just plotted 3 locations around Palo Alto. Try to add your own and see if it works!

(Look for the blue pin icon in the top left corner of the map, near the zoom controls, to add a new bar to the map).

Last edited by Jim Brikman; 08-11-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
Jim Brikman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Edwards View Post
This is great information to have, I just moved within Ottawa and have been scoping out my new neighbourhood for exactly this reason!

I don't think a thread is a great place to hold this sort of information though... but a Google Map sure is.

I've created one that people should be able to add their info to, I think a Google Account is required though.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF...e707909df9b605 (wfs)

Let me know any comments you may have.
Whooops. Just realized a map already exists. My bad. Folks, please use Ken's Public pull-up bars map instead

Last edited by Jim Brikman; 08-11-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
Peter Pomponi

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Newsome View Post
I went looking for the pull up bars near Burgess Park today, but I didn't see any. Are they on the same side of the tracks as Burgess Park? By the running trail, do you mean the dirt trail that runs along the track on the Burgess Park side of the track, but on the track side of the road?

Tim
Very south end of Alma almost to the bike bridge.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #28
Ross Hunt

Profile:

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I spent a long time driving around Dallas in the early morning and managed to find two parks with pull-up bars:

1) Bachmann Recreation Center -- there are actually 4 in a row here, full-length, right next to a paved running trail that runs along Bachmann Lake in West Dallas off of Northwest Highway
2) Monkey bars at Fairfax Park--tucked away in Highland Park on the east/northbound frontage road to the Dallas North Tollway.

I am going to put both of them on the map. I have not been able to find any other pull-up bar parks between the tollway and I-75.