CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
Max Chiswick

Profile:
Is there a WOD cycle?

Are the main page WOD's on some sort of cycle? I ask because I'm going to have to miss a couple weeks for a vacation and want to know if I should just skip the missed ones and resume when I come back or try to work in some missed ones when I get back.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
John Douros

Profile:
Re: Is there a WOD cycle?

As far as I know the only rule they follow is 3 days on, 1 day off. You don't have to worry about "making up" any missed WOD's, but i'd try to do some simple workouts while you're gone if you can. I make business trips fairly frequently and always make it a point to do an equipment-free WOD in my hotel room like 50 pushups, 50 dips using the dresser as a support, 50 air squats, 50 situps. Doing these even every other day will keep you from "losing it" for a couple weeks.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Brian Bedell

Profile:
Re: Is there a WOD cycle?

Just do what you can while away and then jump back in when you get back. One tenet of cf is randomness. Otherwise, you can read the CF Journal articles regarding programming.