CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 11-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Guy Crossland

Profile:
Angie in 18.07 but look at logsitall...

I performed Angie today in 18.07 of which I was extremely pleased.As a 44/190lb male I was happy .I looked at Logsitall and saw a 55 year old male had done 8 minutes ! I had the Crossfit DVD and saw Greg Amundson perform Angie in 12 minutes and he was doing pull ups in sets of 30.So I am a little bit skeptical about some of the times on Logsitall.

No sour grapes and I truly appreciate if anyone has produced a great athletic performance but ...

I fully expect to be shot down in flames for casting aspersions .Whether full rom was used on some performances could explain things.However I feel that it is worthy of discussion.:stir:
Old 11-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Jason David

Profile:
Re: Angie in 18.07 but look at logsitall...

Just know this dude...your time is good. The other guy was lying or he did 1/2Angie or something...
Old 11-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
Just know this dude...your time is good. The other guy was lying or he did 1/2Angie or something...
Agreed, I find it hard to believe someone pulled off an 8 minute Angie, I'm not saying it could not be done, but it is hard to believe.

And yes Guy you're time is good.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Steven Holm

Profile:

18:07 is a good time, and I am with the others posted when I say I definitely do not believe an 8min Angie.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
David Schneider

Profile:

When in doubt on a WOD like "Angie", just look at Speal's time and go from there. That is seriously one of the best ways to gauge what is humanly possible...
Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
David Stout

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Schneider View Post
When in doubt on a WOD like "Angie", just look at Speal's time and go from there. That is seriously one of the best ways to gauge what is humanly possible...
Exactly. For example from last month's Angie:

Quote:
Bwt: 137

As Rx'd: 8:57 (pr)

Comment #363 - Posted by: Speal at October 30, 2008 3:36 PM
Always take everything you see posted with a grain of salt. Times posted can be for WODs that are modified or scaled and those details are not included. The WOD can be totally misinterpreted by the poster and the times could be off as a result. They could be trolling. Or they could be a firebreather.

As a rule of thumb for me - Don't assume one way or the other and compare always against your own times.

PS - Congrats on sub 20. That is a most excellent time.

Last edited by David Stout : 11-22-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added PS
Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
Guy Crossland

Profile:

Yes I agree and thanks for the comments.In reality only compare yourself against how you were years or months ago.
Interestingly when I started CF I was a 12-14 round person for Cindy and now I can do 20.

As I said sub 9.00 is amazing and probably can be done but I do take some posters with a pinch of salt.

I remember seeing a 34 round Cindy posted and I would be interested to see the technique employed for that i.e full range of movement etc.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #8
Shane Skowron

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Crossland View Post
Yes I agree and thanks for the comments.In reality only compare yourself against how you were years or months ago.
Interestingly when I started CF I was a 12-14 round person for Cindy and now I can do 20.

As I said sub 9.00 is amazing and probably can be done but I do take some posters with a pinch of salt.

I remember seeing a 34 round Cindy posted and I would be interested to see the technique employed for that i.e full range of movement etc.
I believe 39 rounds is the record for Cindy and it's legimate with witnesses. That one is more fathomable, as it's 1 round every 30 seconds. Lots of people can sustain that pace for a few minutes, but only the elites for 20.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Jared Ashley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
I believe 39 rounds is the record for Cindy and it's legimate with witnesses. That one is more fathomable, as it's 1 round every 30 seconds. Lots of people can sustain that pace for a few minutes, but only the elites for 20.

I remember the 34 round, but didn't realize someone had posted a 39 round cindy... Amazing!

I've done a couple of "5-minute cindys" and my best was 8 rounds + 4 pullups. The first couple of rounds I'm close to 30 seconds a round, and then by round 6 or so the pushups start costing me 5-10 seconds a round. I just can't imagine holding that pace for 20 minutes! Most recent full cindy was 20 rounds.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
Guy Crossland

Profile:

That is amazing as the transition time for me usually takes a few seconds i.e dropping down off of the pull up bar,getting into push up position and then from there getting up to the squat position!