CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-28-2004, 01:19 PM   #21
Coach

Profile:

I'd never bet against Scott and Lynne on anything. I'm willing to put $100 on Scott and Lynne but we need until September 1st. Any naysayers!?

Let's use this thread to see who can come up with the most original/unusual pull-up workouts as supplemental to WOD. This could be a neat feature for the front end of the site as well. Hmmm?

Lynne, Scott, we need one more a month for seven months. I'm chuckling to myself about how easy this will be for you. Low trajectories on distant horizons take the day.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:27 PM   #22
Scott Parker

Profile:
my last day of class is may 28th. actually this will be a huge challenge for me, since i can't really get to the gym as often as i used to. it'll force me to get a little more creative with the VERY limited amount of space and equipment that i have in my ghetto apartment!

scott

scott
Old 01-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #23
Mike Yukish

Profile:
I'm in for Sept 1st. Currently do 10 reps max in a set. 30's the goal.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #24
Barry Cooper

Profile:
I'm starting to get ****ed about my pullups, so I've been doing some pull-up only workouts. Monday I did 45 sets of 3 on the minute, alternating with Handstand holds on the evens, and 3 shallow handstand push-ups on the odds. My goal is to get them deeper and eventually correct. I do overhand on the odds, and under on the evens. I get a drink of water every five. That helps me keep track of the sets. Workout is obviously 45 minutes.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #25
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Sorry. I forgot I had posted already.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:23 PM   #26
AARON FISHER

Profile:  
I'm in. Currently on 18, going for 30.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #27
Ralph

Profile:

I started crossfit back in November, but have been unable to train for about 2 weeks now. I started experiencing this pain on the inside of my arm (right where the arm bends... I think the muscle called the Brachioradialis), tried to continue training through it, but I had to give up. I can still feel the pain on the muscle and I'm getting pretty frustrated and impatient.

Anyone have any advice?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section (as opposed to Injuries). My max is about 23 pulls and I'd love to take on the challenge as well.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #28
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
In a previous post, Jason stated that kipping was allowed for timed rounds during a WOD. Does this apply for a single all-out set or are we looking for dead hangs here? Based on Coach's last statement (highest performers use the best form), my instincts say the latter, but I just want to be sure I am working off the same page as everyone else here.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Old 01-28-2004, 05:57 PM   #29
Kelly Moore

Profile:
OK, I can't take it. I'm in. I think I've done 26 max so far. I had 30 as my goal for the year, but I think it would be more intense if I used my upcoming birthday as the goal date.

It's always more fun to share the agony....there is another person on Crossfit who shares my birthday and is my pullup arch-rival (and she regularly kicks my butt - all in friendly competition of course!)...hey Lynne, are you interested? All I ask is that we don't have to combine pullups with anything aerobic!

Old 01-28-2004, 06:40 PM   #30
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Hey twin,
30 for the b'day? Ok...that's close to Scott's original semester challenge?

Coach, why September? Assuming I get the 30 by May, we might just have to up the ante to 40 by Sept.