CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Kelly Moore

Profile:
I'm competing in the Chicago Tactical Strength Challenge August 21. There's three events: pullups, pistols, and snatches. Doesn't sound too bad except that you use a 52# kettlebell for each event and only the lowest number of reps completed counts for single limb exercises.

There is no size, age or gender breakdowns for the TSC.

For more info and rules, go to www.tacticalstrengthchallenge.com. It should be fun (provided I can manage to snatch the beast ) and it would be great to meet fellow Crossfitters.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
George Koupatadze

Profile:
Kelly. I am a Chicagoan. I will definitely be there. Even though I never did weighted pull-ups or haven't held a kettlebell since I was a kid back in Russia, I am going to come and do my best. There is still some time to prepare. Crossfit should help. I definitely want to meet a fellow crossfitter and Pavel T. Can you give me some info on where it's going to be held 'cause I can't find it at the site you provided. Thanks and I'll see you there.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Kelly Moore

Profile:
George,

It would be great to meet you and have a fellow Crossfitter there! As far as I know, only the date of the meet (Aug 21) has been announced. I'm not certain all the particulars (location, time, etc) have been worked out yet, but if you email Stephen Troy at stephenpetertroy@hotmail.com he should be able to keep you informed.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
Mike Minium

Profile:
Kelly,

Good luck on the TSC. I'm out in Cali so I obviously won't be able to make it. I have a feeling you're gonna turn a lot of heads there, regardless of age, gender, etc.

Post back to the board on how things go. I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested.

Mike
Old 06-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Thanks Mike! I appreciate the support. I should have video (those will be short clips - that 52# bell will keep my numbers plenty low!) and/or photos to go along with my neverending commentary.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:06 PM   #6
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
I'd love to witness you doing this, Kelly! Since that's not likely, though, please post video or pics after, along with that commentary, so we can pretend we were there to cheer you on.

Old 06-08-2004, 04:39 AM   #7
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Good luck Kelly, look forward to seeing you blow the competition away!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #8
George Koupatadze

Profile:
Thanks, Kelly! I'll e-mail the guy and find out the details. I just finished reading some of your posts with the numbers of your pullups and such. Amazing! You will definitely blow the competition away!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #9
KEG

Profile:

Fellow Chicagoan here, would LOVE to participate in this event. Unfortunately, I will be at FLETC for training. Kelly, make sure you post your results for us to see!