CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Kyle Jernigan

Profile:
Looking for hardcore training

I've been doing CF for about 4 months now, loving every minute of it. But I see other training regimens mentioned here and there. PX90 and some other P90, SEALS Training, just to name a few. I'm trying to educate myself on the various types that are out there and if anyone could shed light on to them, I sure would appreciate it.

RTR!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
Brian Bedell

Profile:
Re: Looking for hardcore training

Why don't you use the search function and/or google as well. You are asking for a fairly long winded response here. And if you would like to place a bet, I imagine you will find a strong CF bias here (on cf.com).
Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
Gus Smith

Profile:

go to www.navyseals.comYOU MUST ENSURE YOU ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE. and click for workout of the day. Workouts are posted 6 days a week and all of them are hardcore and are specially designed for those training to be SEALs.

Last edited by Lynne Pitts; 01-14-2009 at 06:10 AM..
Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Kyle Jernigan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
Why don't you use the search function and/or google as well. You are asking for a fairly long winded response here. And if you would like to place a bet, I imagine you will find a strong CF bias here (on cf.com).
I'm not asking which one is the best or which one people prefer. That's a little more than obvious. I'm just asking for some of the "other" options that people have heard of. Yes, it's a long winded response, but it's less long winded than pouring through the 14,800,000 search results on Google when searching for "hardcore exercise."
Old 01-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Christian Gotcher

Profile:

Fran. If it's not hardcore enough for you, go faster. Try Valhalla. Every Hero workout done over two days.

What's the point? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but this thread sounds... pointless. If you want hardcore training, train hard and don't stop. What good will it do you?
M/22/155|Murph-28:19|Helen-9:39|Annie- 5:12|CFT-700|1.5 Mile-8:35|Strict PU-24|Fran-5:24 log

Last edited by Christian Gotcher; 01-13-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 01-13-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
Jake Oleander

Profile:

just because a training regimen is hardcore, doesnt mean it will help you achieve your goals....

this is the type of thread that made steven low leave.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
Kyle Jernigan

Profile:

Christian, no offense, but try reading the entire thread before replying and coming off like you did. You'll make more friends that way.

My question is, and I've stated it twice now, what are some other hardcore training regimens? Not hard CF workouts. Not hard exercises. Not simply pushing harder or increasing the weight or doing something faster. Commercials show PX90 is an example of what I'm referring to. Navy SEAL training workouts is another. What are some other organized hardcore/extreme that other CF athletes might have done or heard of similar to CF? That's all I'm asking. Simple question needing only simple answers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Mike's Gym WOD, Gant's, Brandon's and various other members Hybrids, P-Menu, CFE, Texas method, Starr's Routine, 20 rep squat routine, any strong man routine, Westside barbell, dragon door, rugby, hurling, judo, boxing, Ju-Jitsu, Muay Thia, MMA, roller derby, wrestling (greco roman, free style and folk), sambo, Krav Maga, water polo
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
Kyle Jernigan

Profile:

Jamie, thank you VERY much. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Much appreciated and GO STEELERS!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

THanks, though I'm not much of a fan. I didn't mention american football for a reason. It is hardcore and very demanding, but outside of highschool, college and pro/semi pro, I don't know of any teams with practice, training and hitting. I think there should be, and I'm guessing the OP was asking for adults, not kids.

Football with out tackling is like a deadlift that bounces

If your in the british isles, hurling. I've heard it refered to as rugby with weapons. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it gave somebody that idea, I want no part.

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki; 01-13-2009 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Seriously, some irsh guy at the bar said that, I nearly pooped myself